Next year's roster?

1,988 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Slappy Sloppy15
Slappy Sloppy15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm kinda worried about next year because of the 5th year seniors we had. I know Diamond Battles, Brittney Smith, Malurey Bates, Warren are all definitely gone. We will need some help from the portal. I believe Alisha Lewis, Nicholson can use their 5th years, not sure about Janiah Barker. Recruit Miyah Verse hopefully is ready fast and Savannah Henderson turns out to be every bit that 4 star rating says she is. Any thoughts?
caejal44
Chloe Chapman, Jordan Isaacs, Javyn Nicholson, and Alisha Lewis all have the opportunity to take their Covid year.

I don't believe Nicholson participated in the Senior day festivities, but the other three did, so the transfer portal will be as important this season as it was last season.

Returning Players (unless they transfer):
Zoesha Smith (Sr G)
De'Mauri Flournoy(Jr G)
Stefanie Ingram(RFr G)
Savannah Henderson(RFr?? G)
Fatima Diakhate (RFr C)
Amiya Evans (soph F)
Miyah Verse (FR)

That's 7 players, so if nobody returns we have 8 scholarships and plenty of playing time to offer to potential transfers. Even if Nicholson comes back, we definitely have a need for post players.
mmixon
I hope Coach Abe can find a scoring guard and forward. Miyah Verse will give us athleticism and strength, Savannah her daughter can really shoot the three ball and is a good athlete. Nicholson doesn't know how good she is, she just needs to work on her weaknesses. Zoesha is another one who is on the verge of super stardom, just work on her weaknesses. I finally got a chance to look at Damauri Flournoy in high school and she is a great shooter. Coach Abe is a coach who has not gotten the credit she deserves. She had to completely rebuild the roster and she did it less than 5 months. Coach Abe had to recruit the 5 UGA players and the 3 that came with her. She did all that and won 22 games, gave the defending National Champions all they wanted, had undefeated LSU beaten until the last minute, goes into Iowa and for 38 minutes it was a game they could have won. She has done an amazing job, it truly is coach of the year stuff. If she can recruit the state of Georgia and lure some players from other states, we could be back in the final fours again.
Slappy Sloppy15
Lol at Janiah Barker, I meant Jordan Isaacs. If Barker leaves Joni and comes back to Georgia. I don't think people would ever stop talking about it. I truly hope Lewis reconsiders because her ball handling and senior leadership/ defense would be essential. Even so it will definitely be a portal party looks like
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.