Olivia Cochran Leads her Team to the 3X3 Title

3,840 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Folks, Olivia just keep dominating whoever she plays against. She along with Raven Johnson, Treasure Hunt and Madison Hayes won the Gold. They beat the defending champions who has the number 1 and 2 rank players in the 2019 class and the number 1 ranked player in the 2020 class. Tell me Olivia is not top 5 at least in her 2020 class. I think her, Raven, Treasure and Madison will definitely get a big boost in their rankings going forward. I am praying Joni and staff can get Olivia, Madison and Raven. We need to show these young ladies that they can achieve their dreams at UGA.
mmixon
Raven Johnson was honorable mention in MaxPreps All Americans. They had 6 teams of 5 All Americans and Raven was the only Georgian. Couldn't believe Olivia Cochran wasn't on one of them. I think all of that will change on next years All American Teams.
dawgpostsucks
mmixon
There will be new rankings up for ESPN when the rankings site is back up. I was disappointed that Olivia's ranking didn't change but I know the reason why. In AAU Ball, the guards and wings on most Teams shoots the ball a little more than the Posts Players do. So it's just a little tougher to evaluate the posts. But you have until school starts to evaluate the players and I think Olivia will make her jump by September. Treasure Hunt slipped down the rankings and Madison Hayes made a big jump inside the top twenty if my memory serves me right. Those were the one's that we were recruiting although Treasure didn't include us in her top ten. In 2021 Sania Feagins is number 11, I haven't seen her play just highlights. Only thing I would like to see is she get's her trainer to teach her to play lower with the ball while making her moves. Khayla McPherson is number 15. I don't know if she is playing yet after breaking a bone in her shooting hand. Raven Johnson had maybe the biggest Jump of anyone from number 24 to 17. Raven has lost only one tournament the last two years and that was the Geico Tourney with her Westlake Team. She has won two state championships, a year end tourney with her AAU Team and now the USA 3X3. That is catching everyone's eyes. Her freshman year she is asked to lead the team and just help out some with scoring. Her sophomore year she's asked to lead in scoring as well as lead the team and she does it with flying colors. She is a little over 5'9" and might grow even more. She is the biggest recruit for UGA because she can make any combination of players that Joni signs work and get this team headed back towards the glory days. Brianna Turnage is another player that I would go after because she is flying under everybody's radar because she plays high school ball with Raven. Brianna is 6'2" with good length and a very versatile player who handles very well and shoots the three ball as well as get to the rim on anyone. Essence Cody, I am not hearing UGA at all. I don't know if UGA is even recruiting this young lady. Will definitely be the best freshman in Georgia and possibly the country. Almost all big name schools in America is looking at her. Florida State got her on campus at one of the football games last year simply by inviting her older sister Jayla who will be a senior on Valdosta Team and she is a very good player. If UGA doesn't recruit her, this will be a big mistake. It will ad to the list of losing Maya Moore and Asia Durr. That's not a good list to have in your own state.
Tyree02
Georgia is all over Essence Cody and the reason why you don't hear us is because her high school coach is pushing elite programs to her! There was an article that I read where he/she even stated that.
mmixon
I read the article about were the high school coach was making sure the the elite schools new about Essence. I believe her mother is not a big fan of UGA. That's were we have to make some inroads with her mother. It would also help if we could get to the NCAA and win some games.
Tyree02
This is why I sensed from day one when I heard Mikayla Coombs was transferring out of UCONN. Just because you want "elite" doesn't mean that "elite" team is a fit for you and your game. If I were Joni, i'd utilize Coombs' experience as a lesson for all of these young ballers in the state of Georgia that want to overlook the in-state schools for "bigger fish". To grow your game, one must put in time to hone their talents and grow as a player and get on the floor to play at the collegiate game speed. Kayla McPherson is back on the court and looks like she hasn't missed a beat, scoring at will. I drool over the McPherson and Raven Johnson. Both have the ability to play the 2 positions because of their ability to score the ball.
mmixon
Olivia and her 3X3 Team are playing really well over in Mongolia. Olivia has been dominant leading her team in scoring, rebounding and block shots. The Team is in the quarterfinals, which means they will soon be in the medal games. Hopefully, after they return home, we can get Olivia and Madison on campus and try to get both to commit to UGA. I didn't realize we only have a couple of scholarships remaining for 2020. The staff already has a commitment from Ashlee Barker. 3 scholarships for 2020 and 5 for 2021.
mmixon
Olivia and her Teammates won the Goal Medal this morning. They played great the entire tournament. Hailey Van Lith was named MVP. She wants to go to UCONN, but the big question is does UCONN have room for her. Rickea Jackson was one of the top 3 as she scored the most points. UGA will face her at Miss State. The biggest thing now for Olivia Cochran and Madison Hayes is were will they signed to play their college careers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.