UGA Vet Hospital

1,446 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HunkerDownDawgs
vonski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My daughter's cat has appointment for possible endoscopy due to acid reflux (not an emergency) at UGA. The appointment is over a month away. We are wait listed for cancellations.

Has anyone ever taken their pet to UGA? The vet wanted to refer me to hospital in Atlanta but I requested UGA without realizing the wait.
Bulldawg1
Shoot, have not - that's rough - long wait. Hopefully the cat is ok.

Viperoy may have some good advice on this - he is a vet - I'm not sure what part of GA - but he may have some contacts/helpful advice for you.
thedogfather
Dear Von,

If your daughter is in the Athens area, I would recommend Winterville Animal Clinic. I cannot say enough about Dr. Groover professionally and personally.
vonski
Thanks for responses.! My daughter is in Atlanta. So far everything seems to have settled down with cat so we are patiently waiting for UGA appt.
HunkerDownDawgs
Our dog had been seen by several vets who did all sorts of testing and it was believed she needed a very specialized shoulder surgery. Apparently the two experts in the field are in Annapolis, MD (which is effectively the Dr. Andrews of ACL surgeries but for dogs) and the other being the head of the vet school at Tennessee. We opted for the latter since it was much closer and could not have been happier. There was a long wait there as well, but would recommend giving them a call just in case. While money was not a factor, I was also pleasantly surprised that their costs are MUCH lower than any specialty vet surgical center we have used in either Atlanta, LA or Memphis. Like UGA, their mascot is a dog, so they take their pets seriously up there!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.