Vaccine side effects round 2

7,228 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ssidedawg
ssidedawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
True there is some immunity with one shot but it's not really studied well and I would classify one shot as "ineffective". There is definitely a window past the 21 or 28 day wait period for each vaccine. You should be able to get #2 at the original location. I know I am delayed 5 days because the site is now overwhelmed.
PaulWesterdawg
i suggest not asking this Q to dudes on the internet. Nothing helpful is coming from that.
Dean Legge
Staff
If you get the first shot at a hospital they will almost certainly schedule you for the next shot (the second shot) at the time that you get the first shot.

That can be altered slightly, but the hospitals typically give you the second shot date and time as you are getting the first shot.

A little over one million people a day are getting it right now in the US.
ssidedawg
Dean Legge said:

If you get the first shot at a hospital they will almost certainly schedule you for the next shot (the second shot) at the time that you get the first shot.

That can be altered slightly, but the hospitals typically give you the second shot date and time as you are getting the first shot.

They are doing that now, but first few weeks a lot of sites werent scheduling second shots at the first injection. My site wouldnt. I was asked to call back a week before it was due.

This thing has been rolled out poorly. Hospitals had a good system but they were just vaccinating their employees at first. They do this kind of thing every year during flu season so it's easy to do and of course they know exactly who the patients are because they're the employees. For a lot of 1A people you had to go to the health department and I can tell you that only a handful of health departments had a system that worked, the other third weren't ready and kind of fumbled through it. The last third werent even giving vaccines the first few weeks as they were clueless.

Late summer and early fall they should've had a long list of people who could give inoculations and have them ready to go addition to securing sites. There are tons of giant venues that are empty right now so that part should have been very easy. Instead here we are about to approach February and the rollout is still being developed.
Dean Legge
Staff
ssidedawg said:

Dean Legge said:

They are doing that now, but first few weeks a lot of sites werent scheduling second shots at the first injection. My site wouldnt. I was asked to call back a week before it was due.

This thing has been rolled out poorly. Hospitals had a good system but they were just vaccinating their employees at first. They do this kind of thing every year during flu season so it's easy to do and of course they know exactly who the patients are because they're the employees. For a lot of 1A people you had to go to the health department and I can tell you that only a handful of health departments had a system that worked, the other third weren't ready and kind of fumbled through it. The last third werent even giving vaccines the first few weeks as they were clueless.

Late summer and early fall they should've had a long list of people who could give inoculations and have them ready to go addition to securing sites. There are tons of giant venues that are empty right now so that part should have been very easy. Instead here we are about to approach February and the rollout is still being developed.

It will get there.
viperoy
LuvsDawgs said:

You know what? I don't feel like making my relatives "gamble" with the time period after getting the first dose! Will they get it in time?? Is it 28 days or 60 days?? No...we were told incorrectly, now people have to start over?!?!
I'd rather them WAIT awhile until these people got their crap together and set up vaccine deliveries and vaccination schedules where there won't be ANY delays.

Well, to " (get) their crap together" requires a lot of time, effort, manpower and science. Someone sat on this for a year. So, behind the 8 ball and with numbers overwhelming our hospitals, scientist and manufacturers are trying to tell us what we need to know in a tenth the time it usually takes to answer all these questions. Also, mobilizing vaccines and innoculations will speed up now that "someone" is gone. If Someone 2 will get out of the way in the Senate, mobilization will start to catch up to need and we can get this Hoax under control.

No one should put off the first shot because the second is unsure. The first injection provides decent protection until the second can be scheduled--that beats the hell out of no protection.
JudgeLarryDawg
Had shot # 1 this morning at 8:30. Pfizer. Only side effect is I'm craving a Jersey Mikes.
Dean Legge
Staff
You should have some soreness tommorow in that arm.

After that it has been nothing.

And there are plenty of folks who say the second Pfizer shot is nothing as well. The second shot seems to be either a day of no fun or a day of normal.
CummingDawg22
viperoy said:

LuvsDawgs said:

You know what? I don't feel like making my relatives "gamble" with the time period after getting the first dose! Will they get it in time?? Is it 28 days or 60 days?? No...we were told incorrectly, now people have to start over?!?!
I'd rather them WAIT awhile until these people got their crap together and set up vaccine deliveries and vaccination schedules where there won't be ANY delays.

Well, to " (get) their crap together" requires a lot of time, effort, manpower and science. Someone sat on this for a year. So, behind the 8 ball and with numbers overwhelming our hospitals, scientist and manufacturers are trying to tell us what we need to know in a tenth the time it usually takes to answer all these questions. Also, mobilizing vaccines and innoculations will speed up now that "someone" is gone. If Someone 2 will get out of the way in the Senate, mobilization will start to catch up to need and we can get this Hoax under control.

No one should put off the first shot because the second is unsure. The first injection provides decent protection until the second can be scheduled--that beats the hell out of no protection.
I know you are very smart, but you, as a trusted animal doctor and moral authority, have to understand how these statements contradict each other. Someone (Trump) sat on "this for a year."* Yet it was developed and information distributed in a "tenth of the time." It would be impossible to be "behind the 8 ball" if it was done in a "tenth of the time."

I hope that "someone" in the Senate gets out of the way. I'm guessing that someone is Schumer since he's the majority leader? Or is it another person in the controlling party? Or did you just really wanna CNN up this thread with things that happened previously? If not, I'd suggest you work on your writing to convey that.

But seriously, we all get it. You think Trump is really bad. He's out of office. He can't hurt you anymore. Give it up dude.

Literally, 99% of this board is pro vaccination. Even if they aren't, its still a personal choice and you aren't going to be able to force them. This is literally just a thread about people talking about their experience. We don't need the lame CNN talking points.

*Not sure what "this" is? Do you mean the vaccination? I made the assumption above because... well its the only thing "this" could be. However, that would be odd. Guess the vaccine was developed prior to knowing of Covid last March? Weird timeline.... Really hard to wrap your head around.
Gasdawg
JudgeLarryDawg said:

Had shot # 1 this morning at 8:30. Pfizer. Only side effect is I'm craving a Jersey Mikes.

I have that side effect without shots.
JudgeLarryDawg
Herd Inmunity.
sicemdawgs77
viperoy said:

LuvsDawgs said:

You always, and I mean always have to post something with your political bent to it. Just cut it out already. We know how you feel for the millionth damn time.
REDdawg12
Yes!!!! Thank you!!! Very rarely does he/she/it actually post about Georgia bulldogs sports.
GoodDawg4733
The only thing that bothers me about this is clearly the adults in the room can have a discussion. I have found it informative relative to the vaccines. My employer will be giving the shot, but I would like to know what I could potentially be in for....

But one clown has to come along and potentially get a thread locked that is otherwise useful to the broader community. I really dont get it??
sicemdawgs77
GoodDawg4733 said:

The only thing that bothers me about this is clearly the adults in the room can have a discussion. I have found it informative relative to the vaccines. My employer will be giving the shot, but I would like to know what I could potentially be in for....

But one clown has to come along and potentially get a thread locked that is otherwise useful to the broader community. I really dont get it??

Unfortunately nothing will be done about it, because that one person no matter how many times it has been brought up, cannot stop with the political posts.
CummingDawg22
sicemdawgs77 said:

GoodDawg4733 said:

Unfortunately nothing will be done about it, because that one person no matter how many times it has been brought up, cannot stop with the political posts.
Its actually kind of sad. He clearly has an actual problem. Its seems to be the only thing he can think about to the point he comes to UGA sports message board to post about it.

How miserable that must be.
sicemdawgs77
CummingDawg22 said:

sicemdawgs77 said:

GoodDawg4733 said:

Its actually kind of sad. He clearly has an actual problem. Its seems to be the only thing he can think about to the point he comes to UGA sports message board to post about it.

How miserable that must be.

There are so many other boards to post online that are specific towards political opinions/activism. Not sure why the poster chooses the Porch for those. This thread was very useful on folks that got the vaccine (their experiences) and the poster just takes a big dump on it. It is sad.
Dean Legge
Staff
It is still a useful thread.

sicemdawgs77
Dean Legge said:

It is still a useful thread.

It is, but when it turns political by the usual suspect, it brings a bad taste in one's mouth.
Dean Legge
Staff
Yes. I understand that.
ssidedawg
Use the IGNORE feature? I mean, the 6 responses dont help either, just saying.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.