Well, I'm one. I've been one ever since 1958 when my dad used to take me out to the end of the runway at Los Angeles Int'l Airport to watch all the airliners land and takeoff.....aaahh, those were the days! The sound of those magnificent propliners...DC-6's & 7's, Connies and the once in a blue moon, a new jetliner like the 707 and DC-8 would come around. I was hooked!

Growing up in the Hollywood industry, we traveled a lot -- nearly all by TWA and a few remembrances on Pan American and Continental. TWA had the lion's share of the movie industry travel-related business and, as such, it became my favorite airline. I was devastated when TWA (as well as when Pan American went under about 10 years earlier) went bankrupt and was taken over by nasty American.

The most famous icons of TWA have always been two things: their Lockheed Constellation airliner and the famous terminal at JFK Int'l Airport.

Well, that famous building at JFK is now a HOTEL. It's called, appropriately, The TWA Hotel. There will be a totally restored TWA Constellation parked at the hotel that will be used as a bar and, I think, one of the dining areas! Oh, man! Can't wait to see this!

We just booked a weekend stay there for this summer....just to stay there, to dine and eat, and enjoy the magnificent views that I remember from years ago. It's going to be very nostalgic...it'll be our Sentimental Journey for this coming summer. Here's a YouTube short about the building and new hotel....if you're going to New York anytime soon, you can book a room for $300/night. It'll be worth it! Oh, I've added my favorite TWA TV commercial from 1960..."Welcome to the world of TWA"....very cool. Love the memories!

The TWA Hotel @JFK

1960 TWA TV commercial