Christian Brown commits

3,952 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Judgedawg
StevieBuckets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Four-star-forward-Christian-Brown-commits-to-Georgia-130120948/

So we have 4 commits: 6'6", 6'6", 6'5", and 6'6". We're about to see what position-less basketball looks like.

Don't read this as a complaint. We still need pieces, of course, but if anyone around these parts sees fit to complain about what is now the #5 class in the nation, they can see themselves out.
Monkdawg
Loving the class so far, but we have more work to do....
begger
So we are looking at...
Edwards, Harris, Crump, Brown, Camara, Walton, Hammonds, Claxton, Ngumezi as the core rotation next year?

Still needs another quality (aka starting caliber, 20-30 minute per) big, and a PG (Fagan, Saguinas, or Hightower?). And assuming Toppin is moving on (hence Crean loading up on 2/3s right now), that at least one of the freshmen wings struggles to break in to the rotation, and with possibily one or maybe two of the PG options departing too to go outside of the program to attempt to address those two remaining needs.
Haney
Not trying to compare us to Duke but if you look at their roster, and the guys they actually play, it goes like this-Tre Jones 6-2, Cam Reddish 6-8, RJ Barrett 6-7, Zion Williamson 6-7, Javin DeLaurier 6-11, Jordan Goldwire 6-2, and Jack White 6-7 and Alex O'Connell 6-6, in watching the ACC tourney, those are the guys I saw on the floor for the most part. So they have one guy bigger than 6-8 in their rotation.

I think getting guys 6-6 or 6-7 that can shoot, handle and are great rebounders is a great way to go. My only concern for us leading into next year is I would like for us to add a true PG. I watch teams that have a true PG and it makes everyone around them better. We don't have that now and I think Edwards would be much better having a true PG to play with. I am also concerned that Clax might go NBA, have been hearing rumors. We need him to stay, I believe with he and Hammonds, along with Ngumezi, gives us enough size-and then having Harris, Crump and Fagan coming back as guards.
Drillerman
Haney, if Nic Claxton goes pro, he is making a BIG mistake!! He didn't even make First team SEC and look how hard it was for Yante Maten to get into the NBA after being POY in the SEC!! HE IS NOT READY!! Needs STRENGTH AND WEIGHT !! I hope for his sake he forgets this avenue!! With better players around him I believe his stock will rise considerably next year!!

Monkdawg
Yeah, impossible to compare our roster with Duke's. Zion is a phenom and a beast inside. Barrett is tremendously skilled. Just can't compare them. Duke can guard the post with the guys they have, and their offense is so good they don't have to worry about defense as much. We don't have that luxury.

Each of our 3 returning bigs needs work or improvement in some aspect of their games. We have gotten a ton better on the perimeter with this class though, so we may be able to outscore our opponents to a degree.

As for PG, we do need 1, and I feel sure we will get at least one. I have heard that we have a commitment on a grad transfer PG. We'll know soon.
Judgedawg
If Claxton is going to be a first round pick he would be making a mistake to return to UGA for 3 reasons (maybe more.)
1. If he is as first round pick he will get s multi-year contract. Whitchever team picks him in the first round isn't picking him to be great in 2019-2020, it is picking him to be great in the future. He will, however, be a millionaire next year.
2. He can get stronger while being paid millions by an NBA team. If he returns to UGA he will get stronger in exchange for cost of attendance supplement money.
3. His Dad turned down NBA money to return to UGA and would up only playing in what. 3 games? His Dad can verify that if a NBA team is investing a first round pick on Nic that team will give him every chance to succeed, and if it isn't it won't.

However, if he does not project as as first round pick then it is a different calculus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.