Final score: #11-ranked Auburn 93, UGA 78

3,776 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rossvilledog
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/georgia-uga-crean-claxton-auburn

rossvilledog
Frustrating game to watch. I'm not disappointed, it's just that we seemed like we have similar talent but just couldn't get it going when we had to.

I think the main difference is that their guards are at the peak of their game, and ours are still developing, maybe just beginning. Our front courts are similar in talent and development level. At least our guards got to see what outstanding guards do.
dawgpostsucks
Judgedawg
I understand Hightower can be considered just developing and Fagan is a freshman but 1 guard is in his 4th year and 2 guards are 3 year players. That is disappointing.
Monkdawg
Auburn's guards are miles better than ours. And they are better in the front court, too, just maybe by not as much. I thought we played them pretty close, but just could not make the push we needed when we got the score back under 10. They have recruited much better than us in recent years. We are playing catch up here.
Drillerman
Ya';ll have to remember these are players recruited by Mark Fox and did not get a lot of coaching the past 3-4 years!! Look how much Ogbeide has improved this year over the past 3 years!! Look at Hammonds this year versus last year!! We need a quick, penetrating PG like a lot of other teams have!! The PG from UMass went by ;us like a rocket, so have a lot of others! Good Coaching can improve talent most of the time!!
Monkdawg
Yes, we need a true PG baaaddd.... That a good point about coaching. Derek is doing things I never thought he could. Hammonds is just scratching the surface of what he can be. I can see why Crean can take less highly ranked players and turn them into beasts.
rossvilledog
Those are good points. It's hard for me to know how good our guards can be at this point. Turtle has probably reached about as far as he can go, and I'm not real high on Tyree since he seems to be mostly a shooter and doesn't slash much or play much d. Harris basically missed a year and has shown potential - I think he has upside. Same with Teshaun and Tye.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.