2019 5* SG Anthony Edwards

6,642 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by begger
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6'4", 215 lbs. prospect from Holy Spirit Preparatory School in Atlanta, GA (and Atlanta Xpress AAU). Fwiw, he has offers from Auburn, Clemson, DePaul, Florida, FSU, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Memphis, North Carolina, Northwestern, Texas A&M, UCF, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.

dawgpostsucks
Edwards has decided to reclassify from 2020 to 2019; he is ranked as the overall #1 player in the 247Sports composite:

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Anthony-Edwards-reclassifies-is-new-No-1-player-in-Top247-125027525/
Critdawg
Been the rumor for a long time.

I think we will get an official but a long way to go obviously.

dawgpostsucks
Champ
IMHO he will sign with UGA & him and Walton will be our starting back court next year
Monkdawg
Boy, I hope you're right. That would be huge....
dawgpostsucks
https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/evans-seven-updates-on-the-top-seven-available-prospects

A commitment remains far off, and FSU is the one to beat, but if there is one dark horse here, it is the local Georgia Bulldogs program, though any of the bluebloods could make their own run, too.
dawgpostsucks
Critdawg
We need a miracle on this one.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/dc-hoopfest-q-a-with-the-top-available-anthony-edwards
dawgpostsucks
StevieBuckets
So this might actually happen, eh?

Or is it another cruel trick the universe is playing on Georgia basketball fans?
begger
I've seen this happen enough, I'm not believing we get him until he enrolls. Regardless of if he surprisingly commits Monday.
Judgedawg
You also remember all of the basketball talent who made us their second choice.
Drillerman
Committing and signing a scholarship are two different ballgames!!! Will see what happens in April if he commits on Monday!' Say some prayers!!! If he commits then we have to fend off the other schools who will still be after him!! It doesn't end till his name is on the dotted line!!
Drillerman
From what Coach Crean said in his postgame comments, there might be some more scholarships available even if we do land Edwards and hopefully Kessler!! They could bring other good talent along with them!! Could be real interesting SOON!!!
BCC5723
is Kessler reclassified to 2019?
Fat Doc 18
Glad to see DWBB back! Seldom agreed with him, but great entertainment!!!
begger
No, Kessler is still 2020.

That isn't to say he won't, or can't, reclassify to 2019. I've got no clue there. But as of today, he is still publicly considered among the class of 2020.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.