Starting Line up

474 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Big G
BallDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw monkdawg post a good update of the roster and wanted to pose a question, given the guys we have now and for the sake of saying no one else is coming, what do we think is the best starting lineup?

PG - Silas
SG - Leffew
SF - Godfrey
PF - Asa
C- Abson

For me the position that I would debate the most on what the opening day starting 5 would be is center. I understand Somto might be a little better, but I still think he is raw and from Day 1 I think we might roll out with Abson at the 5. I think as time goes on we will see Somto start at the 5, maybe Abson at the 4 and Asa off the bench, but I bet we will see a few different lineups until we find one we like.

I hope we are confident in being able to spread out minutes far, I think we would greatly benefit from having a deep bench and using it, as we have the ability to do so.

A second unit of

PG - Montgomery
SG - Cain, Lawrence
SF - ?? (Definitely need another scholarship and SEC level 3)
PF - James
C - Somto

Would be very good. Again, I do not know what our best lineup will be, or who will mesh the best, but it is exciting to have this much depth and the ability to plug guys in and out, based off matchup, who is playing well, etc.

Exciting time and I think if we ca get another 3, and maybe bring back frank I think we are in a great place. Overall, very excited and cannot wait for the season to start, hate how long away it is.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Saw monkdawg post a good update of the roster and wanted to pose a question, given the guys we have now and for the sake of saying no one else is coming, what do we think is the best starting lineup?

PG - Silas
SG - Leffew
SF - Godfrey
PF - Asa
C- Abson

For me the position that I would debate the most on what the opening day starting 5 would be is center. I understand Somto might be a little better, but I still think he is raw and from Day 1 I think we might roll out with Abson at the 5. I think as time goes on we will see Somto start at the 5, maybe Abson at the 4 and Asa off the bench, but I bet we will see a few different lineups until we find one we like.

I hope we are confident in being able to spread out minutes far, I think we would greatly benefit from having a deep bench and using it, as we have the ability to do so.

A second unit of

PG - Montgomery
SG - Cain, Lawrence
SF - ?? (Definitely need another scholarship and SEC level 3)
PF - James
C - Somto

Would be very good. Again, I do not know what our best lineup will be, or who will mesh the best, but it is exciting to have this much depth and the ability to plug guys in and out, based off matchup, who is playing well, etc.

Exciting time and I think if we ca get another 3, and maybe bring back frank I think we are in a great place. Overall, very excited and cannot wait for the season to start, hate how long away it is.
I think Silas, Leffew and Asa are sure starters. The rest are up for grabs. It will be hard to keep Cyril out of the lineup. The other spot will depend on whether we go with a 3 guard lineup or whether we go more conventional or whether we can find a starting SF with one of our remaining scholarships....
UgaBoz53
what a lineup
hoops dawgs on the move for sure
ATLSTNMTN53DAWG
Big G
Really excited about this team,waiting on what is next. Real bulldogs fans says"yes".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.