Boom!! Noah Thomasson - Dawg!

1,030 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Listened to his commitment. Seems like a really sharp kid. He's taken a circuitous route to get to Athens, but I'm happy to have him. Played well for Greg Paulus, the former Duke guard, at Niagara, so he should be able to play defense. His dad lives in Atlanta, and he's friends with Hill. He mentioned that he scored his first basket against Tchewa when Tchewa was a freshman at Texas Tech. I'm sure he will remind big Russ of that.

So, we probably have our roster set at this point unless someone gets in the portal by the 11th, which I don't foresee, though I think we are 1 guard short of what we really need going into the season. Hoping for no injuries in our backcourt....
Nostradawgus
On paper, objectively, I think a lot has to break right to get us in the Dance.

But I am also not going to sell White short if he is locked in to a return to his pressure roots. What this roster may lack in technical basketball skill, they are very athletic at all positions.

A lot will be asked of Hill and Thomasson. They really both have to elevate their games to allow the fresh to get acclimated.

We've got to find consistent offensive production at off guard/SF, and PF.

I'm VERY intrigued to see what White can do with this roster!

dawglegright
I think what may be lost in all of the transfer portal / high school recent commits is our returning players could play much better with improved talent around them.

Monkdawg
It will not be a walk in the park to get to the tourney, but I think this roster can do it. Wish we had another guard, but it is what it is. I would trade one of our SFs for a scoring guard, but we have the roster we have.

I agree that Hill and Thomasson carry a lot of weight on their shoulders. Hill is very steady, and Thomasson seems to be ready for the challenge. Enjoyed his commitment interview. JAR/Melendez should be a good combo at SF with Jordan being something of a wild card.

See my roster breakdown....
fladawg59
can thomassson play point guard?
i noticed he led niagra in assists last year?
Monkdawg
fladawg59 said:

can thomassson play point guard?
i noticed he led niagra in assists last year?
Yes, I think he can, but if he's at PG, that only leaves Cain at SG unless we shift one of our SFs to that spot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.