White has now handled our post problem.

592 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tchewa is a huge body who averages 11 pts and 9 rebs per game. If he can give us a legit threat inside and rebound like crazy, along with the VCU transfer, we are good in the post. Anselem and Moncrieffe off the bench.

We have a ton of wings.

We have 2 PGs. I would like to have 3, particularly if we get hit with injuries. But we can make do with 2 if we can solve our last problem.

We have no SGs on the roster. None of the wings fit the bill. They can't handle the ball like guards or defend like guards. We need SGs who give us a perimeter threat, who can handle the ball and who can defend. We know Lawrence can do these things - he's done it at a high level in the SEC. Thomasson may be able to do it; he brings good numbers, but his shot selection and the level of competition leave something to be desired. Cain would be a freshman. He looks good on film, but he would have a lot to prove. I have concerns about his quickness and defense, but his shot looks good.

There may be something cooking that we don't know anything about. That's a rumor. Remains to be seen. But we are getting close to having a much improved roster.
Nostradawgus
Monk, I'm going to believe White's Occam's Razor is half full. We have no apparent SG's on the roster currently. We have two available scholarships.

White has his SG. We just don't know it yet

Monkdawg
I hope you're right. We really need a SG who can come in and probably lead us in scoring. A real impact player. The guys we have brought in are all good solid players you can win with, but none are big scorers. We gotta have that guy....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.