Stegeman

610 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by dawglegright
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Read an interesting article about the problems being experienced in Stegeman, the causes and the fixes. A report from a structural engineering firm determined there are no structure issues with building - no rusting, no leaking, etc. The main problem is the flaking away of precast ceiling forms caused by thermal movement, the daily expansion and contraction of building materials that all buildings undergo, and misalignment and tight precast joints from the original construction of the facility in 1964. The weight of the center court video board and the vibrations from the sound system are possible contributing factors. The fix will be a 7 figure cost involving removing the video board, painting the ceiling and sealing it with a protective covering to prevent further chipping. It will be ready for the fall.

So let's stop calling for the demolition of the Steg because it's perfectly fine, and we aren't going to spend north of $200 million to replace it.
dawglegright
Maybe they need to turn the sound down a little. The rap music is so loud it's almost unbearable to anyone over 30 years old.
Monkdawg
I completely agree....
Dawg44
The PA Volume is so loud, I can't take my grand kids to a game. It would damage their hearing.
dawglegright
I'm pretty sure the type of "songs" played along with being painfully loud is not enjoyable for 90% of the crowd.

Maybe the students like it, but I suspect the vast majority of fans hate it.

The Steg atmosphere is not family friendly. Seems like the game day environment should appeal to families, especially given the fact that we need to attract as many fans as possible.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.