Saw some AAU ball at LakePoint.

539 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whew, there was talent all over the place and coaches everywhere. I lost track of how many head coaches from around the country that I saw at something like 27, though there were certainly some I didn't recognize. I saw Pearl, Golden, Larranaga, Hurley, Heath, Capel, Howard, Scheyer, Shaka Smart, Bennett, and many more. I didn't see White or any of his assistants, though I'm sure someone was there. I know we had 2 visitors this weekend. There were multitudes of talented players. You have to look for a kid named Cadeau who will be going to UNC next year or the year after, depending on whether he reclassifies. Jeez, that guy is one talented PG - the very definition of what a PG is. He makes some unbelievable passes and puts on a show. He was making no look passes to kids breaking to the hoop; he made one nearly 3/4 court pass to kid breaking in toward the basket from the hash mark on the sideline. Players would flock to play with a kid like that. I said that out loud to my buddy and Capel overheard me and turned kinda frowned because he's gonna have to play against him. And his AAU team is loaded with players. They could have easily scored 110+ against the Georgia Stars, who are not a bad team either but who were just outclassed. We should be recruiting every kid on that team - long, lanky, bouncy, athletic kids. LOL We have got to start recruiting with the big dogs.

I said hello to a former UGA assistant, Coach Rosemond, who is now at Indiana. I met him years ago when he was on one of Fox's staffs. He gave me a nice "Go Dawgs!"

I do like this DeLoach kid. We needs a tough rebounder and defender inside. Needs to work on his offense and FTs though.
Critdawg
Our staff spent time in KC last night with Newell.

Derrion Reid and Boswell played well in ATL as well.
Monkdawg
I read about Newell after I wrote my bit. Yeah, there was a ton of talent on display at LakePoint.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.