2020 5* C Walker Kessler will take an unofficial visit to UGA this weekend

5,045 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
7', 205 lbs. prospect from Woodward Academy in College Park, GA. Since August 2017 has picked up offers from Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt. Note that his father (Chad), uncle (Alec), and brother (Houston) all played for the Dawgs. Last season as a sophomore he played in 30 games and avg. 17.4 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.7 spg, and 3.8 bpg. Overall he shot 54% from FG range, 44% from 3-pt. range, and 73% from the charity stripe. Here he is today w/ Chad Simmons:

Monkdawg
One would think we have a distinct advantage in this one. LOL I like our chances.
mac25
Is Chad really 6'5?
dawgpostsucks
mac25 said:

Is Chad really 6'5?
No, he was just being silly.
dawgpostsucks
begger
If Crean is who we hope he can be, this should be our bell cow for 2020.
dawgpostsucks
Monkdawg
Chad is every bit of 6'8".
blackmountaindawg
Chad Simmons?
dawgpostsucks
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-big-man-kessler-seeing-interest-sky-rocket

"I've been catching up with them a lot. I like those guys a lot. I have no complaints about them. Obviously Georgia will always have a special place with me because it's been there my whole life with my dad, uncle and brother. Coach Crean's style of play is a lot of positionless basketball. They got big men dribbling and shooting. Cody Zeller played a similar game to me. Coach Crean said he didn't shoot as much as I did, but he could dribble. He compared me a little to Nicolas Claxton on the team this year."

"I've definitely thought about going somewhere else other than Georgia just to get away from being a Kessler at Georgia, but I also think you can do your own thing at the same school and be your own person. I've looked it at both ways. If Georgia is the right place, that's where I'll go and I don't really care who in my family went there."
Teddybulldawg
Monkdawg said:

Chad is every bit of 6'8".
"Big Chad. Young Alec."
-Larry Munson
Monkdawg
Uh, Kessler.... LOL
Monkdawg
We need Walker bad. He can accomplish exactly what he wants to at UGA.
dawgpostsucks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.