Vandy

1,222 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TKramer15
dawg212003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I knew all Crean needed was the 2nd half. Blow a 14 pt lead late in the 1st half. Currently down 6. This season can't be over fast enough.
REDdawg12
Hey at least by finishing last we will get the #1 pick in the draft…oh wait…
SidViciousDawg
One of our 2 or 3 best opportunities at a W… that 2nd half start was awful. Had that shot at the buzzer gone, we woulda at least covered. OH WELL!!!

On another point….
Fagan has looked great the few times I've seen him. 23 against Tennessee and 12 in first half against Auburn tonight.
Wheeler's something special. KD is, very annoyingly, fantastic. Camara is leading Dayton in points and rebounds. Kessler is gonna be a lottery pick one day soon. How in the hell did anyone believe there was a chance in hell Crean was possibly upgrading our roster this year?? Or in Kessler's case, act like no great loss.
dawg212003
If you look majority of those that left are doing well at their respective schools. I'll be glad the season is done so hopefully Crean gets canned.
SidViciousDawg
Kier is averaging 8 and playing 20 minutes for, the current #2 Net Rankings, Arizona as well.
dawg212003
Pretty sad. I gave Crean a chance and it was ill advised.
Dawg44
I'm very happy for you Sid.
Microwave
I admire how you guys can make good comments and have intelligent conversations and debates. All I have been able to do for a long while is shake my head. I have questions but I don't really care about the answers. I just want this program to heal.
Nostradawgus
So what we're saying about Crean's recruiting of the former players, is that Crean could take the reservation, he just couldn't keep reservation
TKramer15
Unfortunately, this situation exists all over college sports. It just happened en masse at Georgia. Yes, it's a bad look on Crean to lose ALL of them. A really bad look. Wheeler seemed to be fully engaged and locked into being a part of the turnaround at Georgia until he mysteriously wasn't. The dominoes fell one by one once it became clear that the key leaders were no longer committed. Or maybe the key guys didn't get along that well to begin with. Who knows.

We don't know exactly what transpired, but all of these athletes are in regular communication with current players from other teams, prospective recruits for other schools, transfer portal players and, when allowable, other coaches. They were all recruited by other coaching staffs. Some communication likely continues.

Unless a player's team wins virtually immediately and/or said player is showcasing his abilities to whatever level he thinks they should be showcased at, there's a distinct possibility nowadays that the player is constantly evaluating his options.

This scenario has doomed Georgia in 2021-22. Putting everything on Crean and his personality is a popular take. I get it. The problem is that he has also had plenty of loyal guys who spoke highly of him at Indiana and Marquette. Loyal guys who excelled and got drafted. Some became household NBA names.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.