Dawgs vs ETSU

2,099 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by StevieBuckets
REDdawg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Down 9 at the half. Not good. ETSU is knocking down their shots though. I doubt that will continue in the 2nd half.
REDdawg12
Dawgs Tom Crean blew that game. Up 8 with about 2:30 left.
dawg212003
More like poor coaching blew that game. Tom Crean is awful.
Dawg44
Agree. Any average coach would not be losing any of these games.
dawglegright
Why shoot a 3 down 1 on the last possession?

Oquendo or Cook to the rim seems like a much better option.
REDdawg12
dawg212003 said:

More like poor coaching blew that game. Tom Crean is awful.

I fixed it for you.
Dawg44
We shot 48% from the field, 41% from the three line and 78% from the free throw line. All are excellent.

The other team shot 53% from the field, 52% from the three line, but only 28% from the free throw line.

It was a tough loss. But it's exciting to think about firing Crean and starting over again.
dawglegright
How do we let them shoot a 3 to take the lead at the end? Whatever happened to locking down on the 3 point line to prevent a potential game winner?

We should have lost by double digits. They missed a ton of free throws. Baumann had a career game. Bridges only attempted 3 shots...why only 3? Also, AR1 has to score more than 3 for us to win.
Dawg44
Did you see their last shot? That dude made an incredible play while covered with great defensive pressure.
SidViciousDawg
Dawg44 said:

Did you see their last shot? That dude made an incredible play while covered with great defensive pressure.

Did you see the last four minutes? They outscored us 12-2.
Dawg44
Yes, I watch our games. I told you I want to fire our coaches after every loss. There is no excuse for losing.
SidViciousDawg
Dawg44 said:

Yes, I watch our games. I told you I want to fire our coaches after every loss. There is no excuse for losing.

You always bring so much to the discussion, we're fortunate to have you here. I mean that sincerely.
SidViciousDawg
dawglegright said:

It's amazing how often you see teams that are down 1 shoot a freaking 3. I usually chalk it up to a stupid player, this seemed to have been drawn-up by the coach. Anybody going to the hoop would have given us better odds. Sure Baumann had made 7 three pointers but his last one was at the 9 minute mark in the second half. Go to the hoop!!
Dawg44
Thanks man. You are my favorite poster. If we had made one more basket last night or if the other team had missed one more basket, it would be a lot harder to post today. At least we've got that going for us. Think Caddy Shack.
Nostradawgus
I'm just curious Dawg44 - just from this year - which is your biggest moral victory - the home loss to Wofford, the home loss to George Mason, or the home loss to ETSU? As a Power 5 school I'm amazed we kept it close myself.

Seriously, what is your solution? A five year extension for Crean? I mean we are stealing from him at $3.2M given the results. And wow have you seen how Wheeler, KD and Kier are just sucking at their new schools? Whew, dodged a bullet thereā€¦.
Dawg44
I don't want ANY coach who loses a game. I enjoyed the Memphis game the most.
SidViciousDawg
Dawg44 said:

I don't want ANY coach who loses a game. I enjoyed the Memphis game the most.

I agree, why don't we just hire a coach from one of the teams that finishes the season undefeated. Gotta be several to choose from every year. Sometimes the best ideas are the simplest. Thanks again Dawg, I think we are onto something here.
Dawg44
Excellent idea!!! I'm all in on this.
StevieBuckets
dawglegright said:

I actually thought Crean drew up a nice play there. Did it have to be a 3? No (and he said postgame that Cook had two options). But he got a guy who was 8/9 on the night a clean look to win it. It just didn't go.

I don't mean to sound like a Crean apologist here. He never should have had to draw up a play to win it. But my qualms with Crean lay largely in the "talent acquisition and management" area. Is he a perfect in-game coach? Certainly not. But if you count keeping kids on the team as recruiting (and in the age of the portal, I think you must), he has vastly underachieved as a recruiter, and that's why he'll be looking for a job in a few months.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.