Ridgnal

5,698 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Joesock2
dawg212003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was all for a successful season. But to think Crean could do any better coaching than he has been is funny. All he does is pace back and forth and make zero adjustments.
Monkdawg
SidViciousDawg said:

We'd likely be 8-5 instead of 5-8 and still headed towards an epically disastrous SEC season.
Maybe, but there's no way to know that.
SidViciousDawg
Monkdawg said:

Arizona fired their coach and is scrambling to put together a roster. Kier may do well there, but that team likely won't do much. Garcia should be solid at Kent St.; that's a good level for him. As I have said before, losing Brown and Walton, among others, is no loss. They just weren't good enough to play at our level, despite what their ratings were. Our losses, perhaps regrettable in some cases, are not irreplaceable. The only losses that mean anything were Wheeler, Camara, KD and Fagan. Every loss is explainable, and I wouldn't call them crippling.

The Arizona Wildcats are currently #1 in the latest NET Rankings while Georgia is #245.
Monkdawg
So the assistant from Gonzaga who had no prior head coaching experience has done well so far? Who knew that an assistant with no head coaching experience could be successful....
SidViciousDawg
Monkdawg said:

So the assistant from Gonzaga who had no prior head coaching experience has done well so far? Who knew that an assistant with no head coaching experience could be successful....

Well obviously not you since you predicted Arizona "likely won't do much." You've compared Jonas to Roy Williams, Kirby Smart and Dean Smith. Now you're comparing him to Mark Fews' Gonzaga Assistant of 20 years??
Monkdawg
Look, Sid, if that is your real name, no one knew Roy Williams would be Roy Williams when he got the Kansas job. He was the 3rd assistant on UNC's bench. No one knew Dean Smith would be a coaching icon when he got the UNC job. The NCAA is replete with assistants who have made good, even in their first job. Tom Izzo had been a HS HC for 1 year before working his way up the assistant coaching ladder in college to become a first time college HC at Mich. St. Steve Fisher had never been a HC before being elevated to coach Michigan when Frieder left to go to Ariz St and won an NCAA championship his 1st year. These are just the guys that stand out off the top of my head. I'd say Kirby is doing OK in his 1st HC position - 2 shots at a natty in 6 years. It's easy to look back in hindsight and say that, of course, these guys worked out. Try predicting it in advance.... There was no guarantee with any of them.

On Ariz St, get back to me at the end of the season. They just lost to your beloved Fox by 24 - that's real good.... Hurley hasn't impressed me out there. If you are ranked 100+ or if you are 200+ in the NCAA, what's the real difference? Neither is successful.
Joesock2
If you know anyone who is interested in buying Georgia Bulldog memorabilia, I have some for sell!! I can send pics via email(taviasturner@yahoo.com) and/or text(706-607-6229)
Joesock2
If you know anyone who is interested in buying Georgia Bulldog memorabilia, I have some for sell!! I can send pics via email(taviasturner@yahoo.com) and/or text(706-607-6229)
Joesock2
Joesock2
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.