Current roster - position distribution - en garde?

1,700 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Monkdawg
Nostradawgus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I posted the below over on the Porch. What is Crean thinking for the 2/3 guard spot?

Crean currently has commitments from three forwards and two PGs from the JUCO, Prep, and high school ranks. I believe we have one scholarship left to give, maybe two if Hammonds stays in the draft.

The current roster distribution is alarming - eight forwards, four PGs. No 2 or 3 guard at all, unless you consider Jaykwon Walker a 2/3 guard.

Where the points will come from next season is a mystery. As of right now I'd say Crean will be hard pressed to improve on the results from his first two seasons.
begger
I'd say...
Wheeler, Fagan, Johnson, and Starks are PG, with some ability to go off guard. Fagan has played there plenty last year. Wheeler could be a threat off the ball ala JJ Frazier. Johnson or Starks may be able to score there too. Walton and Brown can work on the wings as 3s. Camara, Peake, Ned, and Taylor at PF, if not both F spots in one or two cases. Camara and McMillan work in the middle.

That leaves two more. If Hammonds returns, then Camara can work inside more and we need a scoring/outside maker for SG/wing. If Hammonds doesn't, then it depends on how they see Taylor, Brown, and Walton on the wings. Maybe we go for two wings if they can slide inside in a small ball set with Camara. Are we sure Walton is back/others?
Nostradawgus
I read on Georgiadogs.com that Walton's season was basically a wash with injury and illness. Appears he was getting minutes up to that point. He was a scoring machine in high school so I hope that explains his disappearance.

I concur with your assessment of Some of the PGs being able to step to the 2. They are all just mites but for Fagan.

I'd love to see a long true 2 added to roster.
Monkdawg
I will be very interested to see what Walton gives us this year. He has a great looking stroke on his outside shot, but he has generally been indifferent on defense. Gotta play both ends.... And we still need another perimeter player in this class.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.