I hope you guys realize that any average coach ........

1,460 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RedDawg
Dawg44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
would have scored at least 100 points last night in that game. Crean sucks.
I enjoyed the game. It was a lot of fun to be there.
RedDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm certainly glad we won, and it's great to hear it was a fun environment and that you had a good time. But as exciting as it was live, it was pretty tenuous watching on TV. With about 10 minutes to go, we were up by I think 11 (I think it was 71-60). But once again, we demonstrated we don't know how to play with a lead. Edwards was guarded fairly closely but still launched up a 3-pointer with 25 seconds on the shot clock. We were fortunate to get the long rebound, but we immediately threw up another 3. We were even more fortunate to get that rebound, and we immediately threw it out of bounds on a no-look. In the span of 12 seconds, we missed two three pointers and turned it over. Over the course of the next 3 or 4 minutes, we did more of the same, and Arkansas cut the lead to one (it was 73-72 with about 6 or 7 left). And it stayed close for the next 4 or 5 minutes (it was 85-84 just before the 2 minute mark). Now that may be exciting, but it is not winning basketball. And these weren't "Freshman" mistakes, they were stupid mistakes. There are High School Freshmen who know better. Now I'm glad we were able to pull it out - Ark went cold and we hit our last 7 free throws, including 5 for 5 in the final minute. But more often than not, we've let double-digit leads slip away.

While I'm pulling for Crean and I want him to win every time we step on the court, it's displays like that on such a regular basis that just don't exactly fill me up with confidence.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.