What a crock last night

1,486 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RedDawg
RedDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm never much of a conspiracy theorist, but last night was a complete joke. Those refs just need to be strung up and beaten. If the conference wants to get a bubble team in, at least make an effort to be subtle about it. Our guys showed great effort. Too bad the fix was in.
StevieBuckets
I admit I'm not a conspiracy theorist either, but this is a great time to get on my soapbox: I am so, SO done with the block/charge call in college basketball.

80% of the charges called today should be blocks or no-calls. Wouldn't it be great if we incentivized defensive players to, you know, play defense? Instead, we have big men stepping in front of tiny point guards and pretending to get run over.

Scoring at the rim would go up. Offensive players would be incentivized to go to the basket. Defensive players would either have to play defense or surrender when they're beat.

And yes, block/charge aside, the whistles in the last third ruined what should have been a very fun game last night.
RedDawg
Yeah, that last call that handed the game to the cocks is a perfect example. Kotsar was clearly leaning to his right into Wheeler and initiated contact. Pure BS.
SidViciousDawg
I wonder if Harris' 5 fouls in 10 minutes of playing time is a UGA record?
RedDawg
Yeah, there's that too. Those Guards can get pretty physical!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.