Turnover U lost again

3,004 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Monkdawg
BIGKNINE1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Youth, inexperience, bad stuff, lack of depth, conditioning, lost respect/faith on coaching staff? Whatever the reason is, this team ain't it. The players just aren't capable f holding leads due to poor judgement and lack of fitness, period. Aching to see these guys on the court and I have pretty much turned it off, for this year.
hyperdawg
After we beat Memphis I thought we might have something going this year. This team has gone from descent, to bad, and now just downright terrible. We shouldn't be this bad with a potential number 1 draft pick and just about every player in last years class was in the top 100.

Even our experienced returning players Crump, Harris, and Hammonds; 2 of the 3 were top 100 and the other was just outside of it.

This team has no identity at all, chemistry is bad. They play well together for stretches and then just disappear. I'm beginning to wonder how good this coaching staff is because there is no way we should be this bad. This is the most talented roster we have had from top to bottom in a while.

But yes like you, I'm not going to waste my time on watching the **** show every time they step on the court. They score 100 one game but give up more and then struggle to break 50. Pathetic. The SEC is a beast now in basketball. There are really no easy games, and it seems there is one guaranteed win on everyone's schedule and you guessed it, it's us.

Edwards could use another year in my opinion, he's not all that. But it''s all about potential, and will he get any better under this staff next year. I would take the money and run. I'm sure his plan wasn't to come to UGA and lose almost every night, but that's exactly what has been happening.

We may not win another game this year. If that happens, we seriously have to ask if we made the right hire.
Bright Idea
Is this team practicing right now or just making wheels up videos?
RedDawg
hyperdawg said:

The SEC is a beast now in basketball. There are really no easy games
The SEC is horrible. It's generally considered the worst of the Power 5 conferences this season, and also behind the Big East.

I agree, I was excited after the Memphis win, but this team has just made face plant after face plant since then. Instead of coming together as a team as the season goes along - which is what you expect from a young but talented team under a good coach - we are getting worse. It's entirely likely that we've seen our last W of the season, and if so, this will be the worst 2-year stretch in UGA basketball history. And UGA Basketball history has a pretty bad history.

Yes, I know Football is king, and Basketball will never challenge that. But there is absolutely no reason for a program with the embarrassment of riches in resources that UGA has to be this bad. It's a complete embarrassment.
SidViciousDawg
Agree RedDawg, the SEC top to bottom is weak this year. The top 3 aren't that good either. Kentucky (in Lexington) should have lost to Ole Miss Saturday. LSU did lose to Bama and Auburn got waxed by Mizzou. There is no excuse for this team being 2-10 at this point. We have the talent to compete with anybody in this league every game out.

This Auburn squad coming in either without Okoro, or a recovering Okoro, is very beatable. We should beat AU Wednesday and I won't be surprised if we do, they're not that good! We badly need to win 3 of these last 6 and make a little noise in the SEC Tourney for us to expect the fanbase to stick with Crean for another year or two. He is fricking
4 -26 in league play at this point!! Something is very wrong here and I'm not at all confident Crean is the answer, unless Trebek's question is... What's wrong with Georgia Basketball?
Dawg44
Agree. Any average coach would not have lost a single game this year with all the talent we have. :-)
SidViciousDawg
Dawg44 said:

Agree. Any average coach would not have lost a single game this year with all the talent we have. :-)

There's a lot of space between the 2-10 we are and being
12-0. I don't believe there's much doubt that with "average" coaching we'd have several more W's and would be closer to a .500 team in conference.

Crean took over a program that had one losing season in the previous six years and then goes 4-24 In his time here. At what point is criticism warranted? Oops, shorted Crean a couple of L's... 4 - 26!!
Nostradawgus

Now.

The second 20-point lead blown pretty much tipped that scale for me.

SidViciousDawg
Being ranked #291 in Scoring Defense and #213 in Defensive Efficiency gets you to 2-10 and allows for the 2nd half collapses we've seen too often this season. #291 in Scoring Defense.... good grief!!!

For some inexplicable reason I still have a feeling we'll beat AU Wednesday and win 3 of 6 down the stretch.
RedDawg
SidViciousDawg said:

For some inexplicable reason I still have a feeling we'll beat AU Wednesday and win 3 of 6 down the stretch.
Not sure how you called it, but you called it. Hope we can keep it going. At this point, it's too little too late, but winning still beats losing any day of the week. And it's always good to beat Auburn (and Pearl).
Monkdawg
Man, some of you guys are nuts. Just because a team brings in a lot of young talent does not mean they win automatically. Teams have to learn to play together and win. We are probably the youngest team in the country. We are so young the players don't know what they don't know. We have to rely mostly on freshmen. That's not a recipe for instant success. These kids don't know how hard you have to practice and play to win at our level. Our Final Four team in '82-'83 had loads of talent and experience, but they didn't really figure out to win until very late in the season. Chemistry is not automatic. Winning doesn't come just because you have a high rated recruiting class. How's that working out for Memphis? Stop looking at star ratings and rankings. There is a learning curve to winning. We are showing improvement. This team could really be great in 2 years when we have 2 more recruiting classes to supplement this class. But a turnaround isn't instantaneous. Lower your expectations and just enjoy the team and the individual players. Winning will come.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.