Brooklyn Nets drafted Nic Claxton (2nd round, 1st pick, overall #31)

19,596 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by imisslarrymunson
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blackmountaindawg
Mark Fox does not approve of this message.
dawgpostsucks
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2019-nba-draft-nine-first-round-prospects-who-beat-the-odds-after-being-lowly-rated-high-school-players/

2019 NBA Draft: Nine first-round prospects who beat the odds after being lowly rated high school players
By Matt Norlander
18 June 2019

Crean re: Claxton: "He'll be a 12-year-plus pro in my mind, easy, if he stays on this development track."
SidViciousDawg
The reason Nic's stats all improved so much freshman to sophomore year was a year of strength and conditioning. His numbers would have improved dramatically if Fox coached him this year. Yante totally transformed his body year 1 to year 2 in much the same way and his #'s jumped just like Nic's.

Hell, I give Fox & Staff the credit for finding and seeing the upside potential of two 3 star players like Yante & Claxton and recruiting them to UGA.
blackmountaindawg
SidViciousDawg said:

The reason Nic's stats all improved so much freshman to sophomore year was a year of strength and conditioning. His numbers would have improved dramatically if Fox coached him this year. Yante totally transformed his body year 1 to year 2 in much the same way and his #'s jumped just like Nic's.

We will never know, but IMO, no way Nic is a 1st round NBA pick if Fox was the coach for his soph year.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
gritsK9
Get lost Jonas. No jumping back on the bandwagon after you bolted.
SidViciousDawg
By bandwagon, do you mean UGA bandwagon or Nic bandwagon? Either way Jonas is and will be a DGD for life who made what he feels is the best decision (I completely agree) to lead to being a HC and not get pigeonholed as strictly a Georgia guy.

Xavier looks to be really good this year while we'll likely finish 6-12 to 8-10 at the very best.
The clock is officially ticking on Crean, Jonas could be back in 3-4 years.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
blackmountaindawg
SidViciousDawg said:

Xavier looks to be really good this year while we'll likely finish 6-12 to 8-10 at the very best.
The clock is officially ticking on Crean, Jonas could be back in 3-4 years.

So if Crean can't win at UGA with Top 10 classes, how do you figure a "green" Jonas would fare better? Your guy Fox failed big time at UGA. Get over it.
neKKiDawg
Claxton and his mom & dad look good reppin' UGA colors!
SidViciousDawg
Geez, I didn't come remotely close to saying anything like that about Jonas and I in no way think Jonas could now or anytime in the future have a better chance for success at UGA than Crean.

You're the one that brought up Fox for some ridiculous reason and I debated the point.
StevieBuckets
I got excited when I saw the 18th pick was from Georgia. Sigh...

It's disappointing, but it sure sounds like the Claxtons heard what they wanted to hear and nothing else...that and some teams probably flat-out lied to them. I hope Nic has a long, productive NBA career, and I'll try not to imagine what the team might have looked like had he stayed and played his way into the lottery...
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
https://www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation/georgia-uga-claxton-brooklyn-nets

Claxton is the Georgia's 36th all-time NBA Draft pick, a list that includes his father, former Bulldogs' great Charles Claxton.

Charles Claxton was a second-round pick of the Phoenix Suns in 1994.
rossvilledog
Good luck, Nic!

I'm very sorry he (barely) slipped into the second round. It will increase the challenge of becoming a star in the NBA, but certainly it is still a possibility. He has made us all proud with his skills and the way he has carried himself. He's the type of guy who will be a great asset for years to come to our school, and for everyone who has been involved in his development.

Really hope he can make the Nets roster this year and get some meaningful minutes. They have built a solid core of young talent. They are in the process of clearing cap space and hope to sign a free agent to enable a deep playoff run this year.
blackmountaindawg
The clock is officially ticking on Crean, Jonas could be back in 3-4 years. SidViciousDawg said:

Geez, I didn't come remotely close to saying anything like that about Jonas and I in no way think Jonas could now or anytime in the future have a better chance for success at UGA than Crean.

You're the one that brought up Fox for some ridiculous reason and I debated the point.
"The clock is officially ticking on Crean, Jonas could be back in 3-4 years."

This is what I was responding to. Maybe I misunderstood you. Sorry.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.