Brooklyn Nets drafted Nic Claxton (2nd round, 1st pick, overall #31)

19,652 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by imisslarrymunson
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A person I know close to the family tells me they are getting the same feedback that we are saying here on the board. Nic needs to work on his offense and get stronger. He's being pushed around under the hoop by some of the guys he's working out with in these team workouts. i personally think he's coming back. It helps him and it helps UGA. But we still need another post from somewhere.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
blackmountaindawg
will watch!
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
Claxton measured 6'10", 216.6 lbs, with a 86.5" wingspan at the 2019 NBA Draft Combine:

dawgpostsucks
Claxton's first half stats today:

dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
begger
The FTs keep that from being a great day. 7 blocks?! He may well get that late first round take.
SidViciousDawg
That 72.5 wingspan has to be a typo? Maybe 82.5....

I see on sheet it is 7 feet 2 1/2 inches... 86.5 inch wingspan.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/05/17/nba-draft-combine-grant-williams-tacko-fall-tremont-waters-nic-claxton

NBA Draft Stock Watch: Risers and Fallers From the Combine
By Jeremy Woo
May 17, 2019

Some of the more noteworthy performers from both days of scrimmages are listed below.

Nic Claxton, Georgia

A potential first-rounder, Claxton really popped in the combine setting and made a wise decision to participate in scrimmages, where his defensive activity and smarts were on display. He's got impressively active hands and feetmeasured at just under 7'0" in shoes with a 7'2.5" wingspanand left a strong impression by constantly finding ways to disrupt the opposing offense. Offensively, Claxton is comfortable handling the ball and often did so at Georgia this season. And while that won't be his role at the next level, he's a pretty strong all-around player for someone who can also be classified as a project. If his jump shot can make additional progress, there's real upside here. He's the type of versatile big teams will be happy to develop, and will have a good case to remain in the draft if he chooses.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
AirForceDawg said:

StevieBuckets
He gone.

I really, really, really hope he goes in the first round, and I'll pull for him (almost) no matter where he gets drafted!

#ClaxOut
rossvilledog
best of luck to Nic. Hope he gets drafted by a great team with a multi-million dollar, long contract.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
Article includes update re: UGA F Rayshaun Hammonds' right foot fracture on 23 February 2019, surgery on 7 March, and rehabilitation status:

https://uga.rivals.com/news/with-claxton-gone-what-s-next-

With Claxton gone, what's next?
By Anthony Dasher
29 May 2019
Haney
Wish Nic the best, the improvement between year one and two was amazing and certainly NBA teams do draft a LOT on potential. His potential is there being the size he is-and as he focuses only on basketball, only on getting bigger, stronger, better, he has enormous potential and I hope he gets drafted first round. Actually, I wouldn't mind the Hawks trading a 2 of their second round picks to move up to the late 1st and grab him. They need more defense and at this point, Nic's shot blocking is something they could use-as I feel sure their first two picks will be offensive threats, and of course they already have a very good nucleus of offensive players on the roster. Regardless, I wish him the best, hope he gets paid well, hope he sticks and makes a name for himself as that only helps UGA hoops. Would have loved to have him next season but I think we can survive without him if Hammonds steps up and Amaze steps a step up, along with the FR.
dawgpostsucks
rossvilledog
AirForceDawg said:

Fantastic tweet by Coach Fran. I particularly love the part about "...given the amount of @NBADraft connections his @UGABasketball coach has..." - that sort of talk is music to my ears and the path to the heart of a prime recruit.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
on Saturday...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/uga-claxton-work-out-for-hawks/tjs9jSdcLn3BOL3EYI2fPM/

UGA's Claxton to work out for Hawks
By Chris Vivlamore
14 June 2019
dawgpostsucks
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/14/nba-draft-2019-zion-williamson-jaxson-hayes-best-bigs-available

2019 NBA Draft: Ranking Best Bigs Available
By Jeremy Woo
14 June 2019

6. Nic Claxton, Georgia | Sophomore

One of the more appealing long-term projects in this draft class, Claxton's primary selling point is his defensive versatility, and a high perimeter skill level for his size. He's quick enough to switch onto bigger wings, has the length and instincts to alter shots, and rebounds with intent. With his mobility and ability to cover ground, Claxton could be a high-level ball-screen defender. He's also shown some limited capacity to shoot from outside, adding a layer of offensive upside. His functional offensive game is unrefined, and he has a ways to go before consistently being able to impact games as a scorer, but he has the makings of a multidimensional contributor.
dawgpostsucks
https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/days-before-nba-draft-uga-claxton-has-regrets-about-leaving-school-early/X6t5Pz6ncYlDzTnp6mtOoK/

UGA's Claxton has no regrets about leaving school early for NBA
By Chris Vivlamore
15 June 2019

"Now that I'm locked into the process, [Crean's] been talking to a lot of teams about me."
dawgpostsucks
https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/nicolas-claxton-2019-nba-draft-stock-georgia-basketball

Nicolas Claxton's draft stock rising ahead of 2019 NBA Draft
By Connor Riley
17 June 2019

"Claxton will be the first Georgia basketball player drafted since the Detroit Pistons took Kentavious Caldwell-Pope in the first round of the 2013 NBA Draft."
dawgpostsucks
SidViciousDawg
... I'd just given Coach Hayes props in my last post regarding Walton. Sean does a great job, Crean was smart to keep him.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20190619/as-big-night-arrives-nicolas-claxton-confident-where-he-fits-in-nba-draft
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.