Well, one down but others on the radar.

3,324 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by rossvilledog
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quinones to Memphis

Hardaway is recruiting well, but it remains to be seen if he and his staff can coach.
gritsK9
FWIW, latest crystal ball on Harlond Beverly is UGA.
rossvilledog
Reminder: Beverly is on his official to UGA this weekend.
Monkdawg
2 CBs from 247 hoops guys. It's looking promising. This is the last visit before signing day next week. Setting up nicely.
Haney
Monk, he is listed as a combo guard, would he and Ant share PG duties do you think?? And what would he committing do for our class rank. Also, if he commits, would that close down the possibility of getting the grad transfer from Northeastern?? I think we need to add Beverly or the NE transfer and then look for a big. What do you think Monk.
Klc71
Haney said:

Monk, he is listed as a combo guard, would he and Ant share PG duties do you think?? And what would he committing do for our class rank. Also, if he commits, would that close down the possibility of getting the grad transfer from Northeastern?? I think we need to add Beverly or the NE transfer and then look for a big. What do you think Monk.

I love having a backcourt where both can handle, distribute, and Don their own shot. Makes them much more difficult to defend. Think Dijon and JWill.
gritsK9
4 out of 5 CB's on 247 now UGA for Beverly.
Monkdawg
Haney, I've watched film on Beverly and watched him a bit last week in the GEICO HS national championships. I firmly believe he can play PG. He handles the ball; he passes; he plays great defense; he can get the ball to the rim and score. But, I don't think he's a great shooter. His form, in particular his release, needs work. But, he can score. Beverly will never be the shooter Edwards is. Edwards is a natural SG. Playing alongside Beverly will free Anthony up to concentrate on scoring. Edwards will be one of, if not the best, pure shooter we've ever had.

As for the Northeastern PG, I just don't think we would bring in 2 PGs unless we had another transfer leave because we need another post, IMHO. I would not have a problem bringing in an experienced transfer PG, if we had room. I just don't think we do. Now, Crean may think we can get by with the 3 posts we have if Camara can slide down in the post. Me, I would just not feel that comfortable without another post player. So you and I are on the same page.
gritsK9
I'd be more than thrilled to forget about a post if Edwards can convince Precious to come aboard.
Haney
Well, since we missed on Beverly, I am hoping the grad transfer from Northeastern is in the works, as he seems like a player ready to go from day one, and certainly can play point. I have heard Toppin is now in the transfer portal so we have 3 spots, we need to be hitting the trail looking for another big for sure along with a PG.
rossvilledog
I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about Beverly. Oh well, hope he has a great career - I appreciate him thinking seriously about UGA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.