2019's Breakout Players will be....?

3,002 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Piggskinn
Mt Dawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On Offense, its Charlie Woerner. He has played 2nd fiddle to Nauta for three years but has flashed when given the opportunity. 40+ catches for 500+ yards in a Coley offense that will utilize the TE more.

ON D, I am going with Adam Anderson. With 10-15 lbs added weight and muscle, he will be unblockable coming off the edge.

Honorable Mention: DRob, Stokes, Wilson and LeCounte (I expect Richie to be all SEC after fixing his tackling woes)
Dean Legge
Staff
Why did you go with Anderson?

Was it him playing so much in the Sugar Bowl? He would certainly fill a need out the outside.
Piggskinn
I think Woerner has tons of talent and would love to see him be a focal point, or at the least, a security blanket. If Zeus shines, however, we will be a beast. If he is able to stay healthy and has his burst back, then our offense will have what it needs to bring the safeties up and JF will have it wide open on the backend.
On D, I'd love to see Nolan Smith come in and have a Clowney type impact. Him, Cox, and Anderson should really bring it off the edged, and if Davis can stay healthy that makes us strong up the middle. I have faith in the back end, and I think the ILBs will be solid.
Dean Legge
Staff
I expect Nolan to really take off... and to do so quickly. I would say the same thing about N. Dean.
RedDawg
On Offense I'll go with Holloman. He emerged as last season went along, but if DRob gets healthy and/or Blaylock shows out, defenses won't be able to double up Jeremiah. He could have a big year.

On Defense, I'll go with Divaad Wilson. Something tells me he's got that itch to step up.
Rockwell Zion
James Cook....too much talent to be contained and Coley brought these S. Florida boys here for a reason
Haney
On defense, Brenton Cox, Adam Anderson, also based on the Sugar bowl going to throw out Ojulari and Divaad Wilson.

On offense, I will agree that Woerner is one to watch because I expect more TE involvement with Coley, but I also like Zamir White, also I see one of the WR's stepping up either Landers, Kearis Jackson or Tommy Bush.

Also, our punter is going to be a weapon in year two, he was good last year but this year will be a true weapon and I think we will have the best special teams unit in the country with Hot Rod and Jake.

I am not ready to throw out true FR honestly, we have a good group, but I prefer to go with guys in year two for the most part, they are ready to roll by second year.
StalkinDawg
I thought Holloman would blow up last year. He had a pretty good year but not quite what I expected. I think we need White to play some serious snaps by mid season. Just not a fan of the Swift/Herrien/Cook triumvirate. I think those 3 are serviceable but are a big step down from Chubb/Michel.

So I think I'll go with Kearis Jackson. Those Peach Co kids can flat play!
Piggskinn
I'm hearing lots of noise on that big juco OLB/DE, on the sports talk radio. I'd love to see him shine, too. He's tall and long-and we are super crowded with elite 5* studs in that spot. It makes no sense, that we are not slaughtering QB's at will. This must all have been scheme, that protects against big plays, but limits plays for loss. I think we might look much more high pressure, as these guys are growing up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.