QB madness...a 'QB Swap' with Ohio St!?

2,746 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Frank46
Darindawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man...this thing with Fields transferring, if nothing else, is very telling about how much goes on behind the scenes and just how in the dark the fanbase really is about things.
So, now I'm reading all of this 'off the record' talk about how the coaches knew about JF leaving for a while and that's why they told Plumlee they needed to 'blueshirt' him, cause he couldn't EE and they need someone to EE because of the QB void.
All that being said, it looks like there's been some communication with Dwan Mathis, an Ohio St. commit, who the operatives are trying to get to reconsider the Suckeyes and committ to us. 'If you go to Ohio St and Fields ends up there, you'll be a bench warmer your entire career...' something like that.
So.....come on AFD or somebody in the know, give us some dirt on all of this!
Mathis by the way, is a 4 star recruit, he's a legit 6'6" with a cannon arm. He's a little raw they say, but runs a legit 4.6 and an out-of-this-world athlete. So, sounds like a pretty good consolation prize to work with.
Meanwhile, it sounds like Plumlee is solid to us...and I say, Heck you! to this.
If you wanna feel better about Fields leaving (if he does) just read Plumlee's senior season numbers; 2800+ yards passing, 1400+ yards rushing, 50+ TDs, only 4 ints...and runs a 4.39 40...whoa. His coach says he's the best athlete he's ever seen in ANY sport. I'm really starting to like this kid. Hope he makes it to campus.
A side note....I read this morning somewhere that Clay Webb put up 700 lbs on the squat. Holy moly....our OL is going to be so good, I think my wife could play QB and we'll win games!
Frank46
Wrong "O"
Darindawg
wrong 'O'...huh?
BIGKNINE1
"Just-in" time, the "Fields" of U of Miami are green and the weather is warm.
Frank46
Just saw this. I was wrong. He first told friends OK with Haselwood. Then, back to OH St. Matters not as he screwed up royally. Both schools told him no other QBs being brought in and both did. Recruiting has become a nightmare. Look at our closing...................................not enough slots, like last year when we had a good one who wand to flip the day after he committed elsewhere and, regrettably, we had to say no. ESD is doing favors in certain quarters.
Frank46
damn autocorrect.............................wanted to.............
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.