Cincy and Coastal Car...do they have an argument with the playoffs?

2,025 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RedDawg
Darindawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, the Coastal coach sent a blistering letter to the playoff folks to argue about them, or Cincinnati, not getting a shot at the playoffs. He's got some pretty good points, not the least of which is that they played a full schedule while the Buckeyes played 6 games and got in.

So, I realize expanding the playoffs would end this discussion...maybe...but does he have an argument this season? Would it just be cheating the nation to have brought in Cincy or CC against Bama or Clemson and pretend that they are one of the FOUR BEST TEAMS in the nation? I mean, does anybody REALLY think either of those teams could beat Ohio St?

Obviously, most folks will point out that in reality, teams like this could never compete with Bama, Clemson, UGA, Notre Dame and a few others, the way we recruit and our bazillion dollar facilities, etc. It doesn't really seem fair, but it's REALITY....it's not like professional sports where everyone is given the same amount of coaching, money, fans and a system in place to get the same kind of talent. I mean, when your top recruit might be a three-star guy that signs on because UGA or LSU didn't want or need him, then how can you expect to compete against schools like UGA and Clemson that fight to see who can come up with the most 5 star recruits every year?

I know one thing....everyone tired of hearing all of this whining are sure hoping we mop the floor with the Bearcats. But will that really change things? Maybe it will quiet the talk, until next season when Rhode Island A&M goes undefeated...(sigh)

Thoughts?
Darindawg
I hate to say this, and I don't get on here as much as I used to,but dang, this place has dried up. I posted this 3 days ago and not one response. Gees....where has everyone gone?
StalkinDawg
Everyone's on the Porch Darin...its worth it.
I'm too ugly or something
RedDawg
Well Darin, I'm one of the last Porch holdouts as well.
I was going to reply earlier, but I was out of town with family and couldn't remember my password. Anyway, I was going to say no, he does not have an argument. But now that they've played their bowl, methinks he maybe should had waited until they beat Liberty before penning that blistering letter. Uh oh. LOL!

No where does it say that the CFP is fair or all-inclusive. With only 4 spots available for what, 130 teams, someone is going to be crying about being left out. But the only time a G5 team would have a legitimate argument is if they had multiple impressive wins over P5 opponents. That's just the nature of the beast.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.