Former South Carolina WR Tori Gurley guarantees Gamecocks will beat UGA in 2018

2,749 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RedDawg
Who?
Darindawg
The mismatch will be their front seven against our OL and Skai Moore (leading tackler from last season) is gone. Their line is light, and the entire D only had 26 sacks all season and 7 of those were against UT. Our OL is our strength and their DL is smaller this year, going against the likes of Cleveland, Wilson, Thomas and Sayler, who all are going to be around 340.

My early prediction....with Deebo back, and Bentley being pretty decent, they'll make things interesting for the first half. But our OL with oustanding depth, will just keep wearing them down. But mid 3rd Quarter, our RB rotation will be taking over, with Herrien and Cook, coming in there with those fresh legs and just chewing them up. UGA 37 SC 23
RedDawg
You're right on about their front 7. Everyone is quick to point out our losses on defense - as if no other college team loses any players. I think they lost 6 or 7 starters from their defense last year, and we have recruited vastly better talent than they have over the last 2-3-4 years. They will have a good secondary, but I agree with you that our OL will bully their front 7.

On offense, Deebo is far and away their biggest threat and he's coming off an injury (actually two). Contrary to last year, I actually think we come out with a conservative game plan and establish a lead early. They try to open it up to get back in the game and we shut them down and win going away 31-10.
dawgpostsucks
Haney
That game is always tight, especially now in week 2 (when they are typically more healthy) and especially in Cola. Not to mention they played the closest game we had against the SECE by far last year, they have reason to be confident. That being said, we have a big talent advantage and unless we turn the ball over 3-4x and they play the perfect game, I can't see them having enough in the tank to play with us for 4 quarters.
CoolHandLuke
This one is going to be tight IMO.
RedDawg
Our secondary gives up the big play too much?? What an idiot. UGA led the SEC in deep ball defense last year:

dawgpostsucks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.