Hello Newman

2,561 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JvilleDawg1
Haney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Even though this board is basically dead, thought I would start a post about potential grad transfer Jaime Norman from Wake. It seems very likely he will coming to compete for the UGA starting spot, and I am very excited about his arrival. His timing for next year to me is perfect. Why, because our OL will be replacing up to 4 starters if you count Mays a starter-and he was a partial starter for sure. Also replacing our two top RB's and although we have some talented WR's coming back and recruits coming in, mostly unproven. So to think an offense with Jake Fromm (love the kid and wish him the best) would have flourished next year, well, I think that is hard to predict. Yes, Jake is one of the smartest QB's to ever play at UGA but he is limited in what he can do. So, you bring in a kid that has similar passing numbers at a place like Wake, but also offered 600 yards rushing, I think that is what is needed. We all hope Zeus is back and 100%, and hope James transforms into Dalvin this coming year, also McIntosh looks good to me, and then of course Milton I am sure has some definite ability. BUT, none of those guys are close to Swift at this very moment, so adding another dimension to the offense to me helps, and when you have a new group of OL learning to play together, the pocket might not be the same as it was for Jake this past year.

I also think having a DT guy, and having all our other QB's that can run, will better help our D prepare for QB's we will face. And I think it opens up our QB recruiting to attract all QB's, not just a pro style. I feel very confident in saying that our defense should be as good, if not better, than it was last year and that is saying something. SO, assuming the offense can at least be as productive and perhaps even more so, there is no reason we can't compete to the same level in 2020 as we have the previous 3 years.
JvilleDawg1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's been dead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.