Lady Dawgs 67 Mercer 60

1,986 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ladyQdawg
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I liked what I saw tonight. I think Joni has it figured out and she has a better rotation with Staiti at Center although she didn't start she finished. We looked to score in the paint and we did. Caliya had a big game with 30 points and 17 rebounds. I liked the way Joni also used Donnetta Johnson. Donnetta has a unique ability to get to the rim. She scored 11 poInts mostly in the 4th quarter. Staiti had 9 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks. We just have to keep playing the way we did tonight and everyone will get better in the system.
dawgpostsucks
https://www.redandblack.com/sports/womens_basketball/georgia-women-s-basketball-renews-rivalry-with-mercer/article_cf454806-f382-11e8-b2fa-f3017aedf6d3.html
ladyQdawg
Staiti added a spark every time she entered the game. I think she will become a strong leader on the team.
I saw a lot just watching her away from the ball. Her basketball instincts look good. She set some good screens.
I got the impression Joni has been protecting her from possible foul problems. Jenni is aggressive, which is good,
but we need her to be around most of the second half. She comes in and starts blocking shots and rebounding.
That 3 she hit was a surprise and a much needed thing of beauty.

I would like to see her start so maybe we could avoid getting in a big hole early. The guards didn't play very well the first half with so many turnovers. Sometimes they need to just slow it down. They kept trying to force the ball down low too much in double coverage.

Robinson was a rebounding machine. She had a very productive night all around.
The entire team needs a lot of FT work. We had a lot of opportunities to widen the margin the second half.

Not sure how serious Bates knee injury is, but it didn't look good when she came back out with ice pack and crutches. We miss Que too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.