Tara VanDerveer retires

403 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coach VanDerveer calls it a career after 38 years. This could be huge for UGA considering that they are getting great player after great player from the state of Georgia. I am still not confident in Coach Abe's staff to recruit Georgia. Stanford has a commitment from Hailee Swain who is rated number 13 in the class of 2025. I would be contacting Hailee as soon as possible to let her know that she could come right into UGA and play as a freshman. Plus Courtney P Ogden just completed her freshman year at Stanford is one to keep your eyes on. If Coach Abe can recruit, this Spring and Summer can change the talent level of her team over night.
Dawg44
She was not interested in traveling back and forth from the west coast to the east coast for every game next year. Stanford joining an east coast league was stupid as Hell.
mmixon
Everybody feels as if they have to join a conference. Back in the eighties we had a lot of independent schools. But, it was time for her to let it go. 38 years is a long time and she had her best player going into the WNBA and her second best transferring. She was going to have her worst season in a long time. I am wondering if Courtney P Ogden is going to stay. If I am Coach Abe I would be letting her know that there is a place for her at UGA. And Hailee Swain, I would be talking with her high school coach to let her know that UGA wants her to build our program back to a top ten program.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.