Recruiting update 2021

5,857 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by atlflips
atlflips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have an update on our 2021 recruiting. Some of the other sites seem to think Fegan has committed to South Carolina.
Tyree02
She had been committed for a couple of weeks now and I promised that I wouldn't say anything about it until she announced. Today she may her announcement.
atlflips
Any update on any of are other targets?
Tyree02
Joni just landed her a 5 star kid!
Dawg44
If you can't say her name can you at least tell her height and position? Thanks!!!
atlflips
That is awesome news. Do we know when the announcement will be made?
Tyree02
If I give more info people will be able to guess who it is and I made a promise that I would not let the cat out of the bag and ruin the young lady's moment. She should be making an announcement in the next few hours. The kid is currently informing other schools of her intentions right now and that is another reason I won't let that info out.
Dawg44
Understand, Thanks. You are the man Tyree.
bhdawg
Hoping it s K M myself
Dawg44
I'm hoping we find out in a just few months. The wait will kill me.
dawg212003
Nah. We didn't even make her top 5.
atlflips
Any updates as to when our 5 star verbal commitment will announce? Also do we have an updated list of who we are still recruiting and still has an interest in UGA?
Dawg44
Tyree, how many five stars do we usually have in our country every year?
How many five stars has Joni signed at Georgia?
I'm pretty certain she has signed at least two five star guards during her time?
LadyDawgFan
Pretty sure its Reigan Richardson, who is announcing Saturday.
mmixon
Dawg44, the history of the 5 star player has changed with certain publications. The oldest in High School is Parade Magazine. They use to just list their top 30 which is their top 6 teams. The first 15 was considered 5 stars and the rest were 4 stars. Most All American Teams in the past had a first, second and third teams of 5 stars. Now I see ESPN has 53 players as 5 stars. No way, believe me even with the training today that we have that many. For the simple reason we would see the game change like the men's basketball game. You would almost see different final four teams every year. We are still seeing the same women's team dominate the game. And to figure out the 5 stars who has signed with UGA out of High School with Joni, Caliya Robinson but I think she signed with Landers and still honored it when he retired. In my mind, we have signed 4 stars and 3 stars. Nothing wrong with that, we just haven't done the best job developing them.
Dawg44
Thanks Mixon! Gabby Connally, Chloe Chapman and Javyn Nicholson were all five star recruits when we recruited them. I wish we could get some of the top three players in the country at all positions. Those type of players are real difference makers.
Tyree02
Ummmm LadyDawgfan, why would you ruin the kids moment? These kids work hard and to just announce before they do is very unfair to them and their families. We are better than that!
LadyDawgFan
Dawg44 said:

Thanks Mixon! Gabby Connally, Chloe Chapman and Javyn Nicholson were all five star recruits when we recruited them. I wish we could get some of the top three players in the country at all positions. Those type of players are real difference makers.
Of course these weren't players we landed during their HS careers, but Staiti, Davenport, and Coombs were all five-stars and top-2 at their position.
LadyDawgFan
Tyree02 said:

Ummmm LadyDawgfan, why would you ruin the kids moment? These kids work hard and to just announce before they do is very unfair to them and their families. We are better than that!
I have no idea if it is her. She just posted that she is announcing on Saturday, and I know she is a five-star w/ UGA in her top-6.

If Hollingshead said she was announcing Saturday I would have guessed it was her too.
Tyree02
We are definitely amongst the favorites for Hollingshed as well.
LadyDawgFan
I also long thought Raven was one of the SC verbals, but after seeing a bunch of Louisville coaches retweet her stuff I thought:
1) She didn't tell other coaches, which I would hope she didn't do
2) Will be the fifth SC commit, and the fourth won't reveal themselves yet
3) Will commit to UL or somewhere else
Tyree02
I was wrong when I said that Raven was a SC commit. I have no clue where she is headed. I still feel it may be SC, but I am not certain.
mmixon
Raven has on her Twitter Account that she will make her College Commitment on 6/25/20. So, someone will be happy.
atlflips
I am excited that Reigan Richardson has verbally committed to UGA.. Who else are we recruiting in the 2021 class?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.