Chic-fil-a FAIL...Sunjoy

2,885 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dean Legge
ColonialDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sunjoy? W T F ?

ColonialDawg
CummingDawg22
Weird move.
Trackdawg073
One of the better sport center commercials of all time
HunkerDownDawgs
What is weird about it? I don't think "Arnold Palmer" is on the menu and there is probably a financial licensing reason why using his name is problematic, so as much as the name sounds a little strange, at least now there is a name instead of each customer describing what they want.
CummingDawg22
HunkerDownDawgs said:

What is weird about it? I don't think "Arnold Palmer" is on the menu and there is probably a financial licensing reason why using his name is problematic, so as much as the name sounds a little strange, at least now there is a name instead of each customer describing what they want.
I feel like most just say Arnold Palmer when ordering? That's exactly what I do. It's a pretty well known name for a drink.

Ordering on the App it just has "half lemonade half sweet tea." Not sure it really expedites anything.

It'd be like a bar renaming a standard Moscow Mule to a different name for some unknown reason.
Bulldawg1
This. people order this mix at CFA on the regular. name seems a little odd, but probably smart to go ahead and just have an item customers can order in drive through line.

EDIT. I didn't know they already have a line item on their app for that. .it does seem strange.
ahurst344
They are pushing the copyright infringement (if one exists) by selling it under any name. It's an Arnold Palmer (if that is trademarked) and that is what it has to be sold under.
Klc71
Can you copyright a drink like that? If so, why has no one did so with sweet tea?
ahurst344
Sweet tea is just tea that is sweet, however you get there.

An Arnold Palmer involves a guy's name. CFA knows what they are doing and certainly didn't violate anything. Just an observation.
Chuckwagon
call it an AP
Dean Legge
Staff
Klc71 said:

Can you copyright a drink like that? If so, why has no one did so with sweet tea?

the issue is the name. That's where the copyright infringement issue pops up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.