We lost a great Dawg last week

1,621 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by viperoy
RyanJordan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Young Nicholas Chaclan from Norcross ended his fight against a brain tumor last week. Georgia baseball honored him this February during a double-header in which they raised money for brain tumor research. UGA donated $10k and the Dawgs swept Santa Clara after being encouraged by Nicholas.

We're proud to support Nicholas and all the "Stars" who battle cancer every day," said Ike Cousins head coach Scott Stricklin. "Our team had a goal that we started in the fall to make a contribution to the Vs. Cancer program, and it's something any team or community can get involved in to help kids and their families deal with cancer."

https://www.wagesfuneralhome.com/m/obituaries/Nicholas-Chaclan/Memories

Lamar
Like most everyone else, I find myself struggling for words regarding situations like this.

I can't imagine the grief and sense of loss his family and friends are struggling with right now. My heart breaks for them.

May the good Lord, through his grace, provide them with the peace and comfort that only He can. May He grant all who grieve with a measure of solace in the knowledge that the young man is no longer suffering and his spirit is joyful as he now resides in the presence of the Lord.
viperoy
Let me say in advance that my comments do no reflect any disregard for what this kid went through or what loss his family has realized. Pray on, as has been happening forever, and continue to watch cancer and autoimmune diseases ravage the world's population. Prayer does not fix this. My own son had a near death affliction with Hodgkins disease years ago and, although he lived, he has lifelong issues from the cure.

There is no question but that what we have done and are doing to the planet and our food is playing a major role in our cancer, autoimmune and dementia issues. Yet, while "sympathizing" and sending prayers for those that suffer, we continue to refuse to address the causes. As a matter of fact, we elected a President that dismantled every effort we were involved in to address these critical, time-bomb issues. We bowed out of the Climate Accord, dismantled dozens of environmental protections, opened up pollution of our air and waters and once again made corporate greed our ambition. Almost half of us voted for four more years of the same while the clock runs out on our response.

Pray all you want while we harm children every day for our own gain
viperoy
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.