Braves

11,534 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Trackdawg073
PurpleBrave
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So Tom Milone and that's it? What a joke. This can't be it?
Bulldawg1
Liberty Media. It's a business for them.
Trackdawg073
Normally I would crap on the inaction, but with all of the financial uncertainty and losing 45% of revenue I can understand why prospects who will be making the league minimum are much more valuable now
BCC5723
Trackdawg073 said:

Normally I would crap on the inaction, but with all of the financial uncertainty and losing 45% of revenue I can understand why prospects who will be making the league minimum are much more valuable now
I agree and I want the Braves to make a deal but why give away prospects for a year that may not finish. There is so much uncertainty, you can't give up on young players like pache. To go all in on a pitcher , I still do not believe they can overtake the Dodgers in a 7 game series.

We will make the playoffs with this team and maybe win a series or 2 but next year with Soroka , Fried and Anderson set up great

Also maybe Cole Hammels gives us a few starts soon !
Trackdawg073
Cole Hameln isn't a real person I've decided
hmwood
That tells you upper management knows this year is a lost cause. They threw in the towel today.
ahurst344
Lost cause is a bit strong in my opinion, but it clearly signals to me that they know this team isn't 1 player away from winning the World Series. We can win the division as is, but our ceiling is lower than it was because of injuries.

Trading multiple high-level prospects for 1 or 2 rentals who would only make us marginally better just doesn't make sense right now.
hmwood
I don't disagree. I am not saying we should have made a trade. I would have told anyone asking about Ian Anderson and pache this conversation is going nowhere.
Marshall2014
Probably correct
Klc71
Would have liked to see them land Clevenger. Would have helped this year and under team control for 2 more years. Any minor leaguer would be available, but would not overpay. Seems like SD did not give up any of their top prospects.
BBigham
Yeah, The Padres get to deal with the 26 - 10 LA Dodgers right now!! Maybe they could find a way to beat them before they could get to Atlanta
RyanJordan
Strange market.

Clevenger was really the only big time pitcher that was dealt and that made the asking price for lower level starters even higher.

Probably made sense to hold off. One SP doesn't get the Braves over the hump.
Trackdawg073
I especially not this year. It's a real shame cause Fried really should be front runner for Cy Young at this point. He's been lights out
thedogfather
hmwood said:

That tells you upper management knows this year is a lost cause. They threw in the towel today.
I would call it an acknowledgment that this whole season, regular and playoffs, is basically is an unpredictable scrum.

The odds that the best team, or even one of the best teams, wins it all is unlikely.

I can understand not trading away the future for a season that promises not to follow the logic and strategy of baseball developed over the past 100+ years.
PurpleBrave
Braves never make a move to win. Seems like the same old story every year. "We want to be able to shop at any aisle". Then they don't shop. Some teams just aren't going to ever win.
PurpleBrave
RyanJordan
Marshall2014
PurpleBrave said:

Ha. Patience.
Klc71
Im not sold on Pache. Great glove, great arm, and can fly, but I am concerned he will hit Big league pitching.
Trackdawg073
If he's a league average hitter his Glove makes him a 4+ WAR player
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.