Well the week 2 totals are in...

4,569 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ssidedawg
cantonk9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cherokee County Schools reporting:

41,000 students have produced 80 cases (.00195)

AJC headline reads cases triple in Cherokee County.

You be the judge...

Shelt320
Make it sound bad as you can and maybe we can get more readers or clicks. That's our media today.
Dirteater Dawg
And their is covid in our poop and therefore sewer water! Ayyyyyy!
ColonialDawg
cantonk9 said:

You be the judge...

So, are the 80 *cases* asymptomatic individuals or symptomatic individuals? We're people tested because they were sick? Is it PCR positives or antibody positives?
CummingDawg22
ColonialDawg said:

cantonk9 said:

You be the judge...

So, are the 80 *cases* asymptomatic individuals or symptomatic individuals? We're people tested because they were sick? Is it PCR positives or antibody positives?
Did the positive tests come to school positive? Are we sure the positive tests contracted the virus at school?
Were the positive tests being "careful" outside of school hours? Does anyone in the positive test's home have COVID prior to school starting? Are we sure that they did not get COVID from someone in their home who contracted it at work or any place else?

There are a million questions.

Obviously, like anything, including protests, the more people in one area increases the chance of spreading any virus. However, it doesn't mean that it is the cause for each case.
HBGDawg
cantonk9 said:

You be the judge...

Gee, it's almost like the media is trying to amplify the impact of COVID in order to achieve a political objective.
Bulldawg1
look, it's not an awful question. What happens to Covid in sewer and waste water. Does it live? It seems to morph into all different types of viruses and types at a moments glance- it's like the transformer virus - so it may live through the water filtration process too. Then we'll all get Covid no matter how many masks we wear and how much we social distance.

Tune in for the next episode of the COVID ZONE (scary music in background)
cantonk9
For me it's simple...

Somebody somewhere had a forecast of what the positive case count would like two weeks in.

Are we better than we thought we were going to be, or worse?

Also, can we get an update on the 20 who tested positive last week? How are they doing?

I know for a fact several have already tested negative and are back in the game. This is obviously great news.

CummingDawg22
Bulldawg1 said:

look, it's not an awful question. What happens to Covid in sewer and waste water. Does it live? It seems to morph into all different types of viruses and types at a moments glance- it's like the transformer virus - so it may live through the water filtration process too. Then we'll all get Covid no matter how many masks we wear and how much we social distance.

What?

Is this a new talking point? That COVID is being transmitted through public water?
sagansol
There are a million questions, and it seems politicians have made sure that the data is as bad and unreliable as I've ever witnessed by promoting reward for bad data from health care insitutions and providers.

There is no way to answer any questions when the data is this bad. You can argue any angle you want and spin it any way you want to promote any goals you have.

You can also control the thinking of anyone who only reads headlines and tweets.
cantonk9
Oh yeah.

There's some poor guy in Columbia SC neck-deep in wastewater trying to make a difference...
cantonk9
I'm trying to apply what's going on here in CC as a leading indicator for life back on campus in Athens.

Low drama in Cherokee, could mean low drama in Athens, which could mean football in September!

CummingDawg22
cantonk9 said:

Oh yeah.

There's some poor guy in Columbia SC neck-deep in wastewater trying to make a difference...
I'm so confused.

Can you drop a link for me.
cantonk9
https://dawgpost.com/forums/1/topics/19446

Enjoy!
viperoy
HBGDawg said:

cantonk9 said:

You be the judge...

Gee, it's almost like the media is trying to amplify the impact of COVID in order to achieve a political objective.
All I saw in the quote you addressed are the facts--80 cases--and we have no idea how many students were tested. Likely those were all ill students unless you want to believe Cherokee County GEORGIA tested all the county's students. I didn't see a political objective. Now when the "government" says we not only do not need to ramp up testing, but actually greatly decrease or stop testing--no way there are politics there.
CummingDawg22
viperoy said:

HBGDawg said:

cantonk9 said:

You be the judge...

All I saw in the quote you addressed are the facts--80 cases--and we have no idea how many students were tested. Likely those were all ill students unless you want to believe Cherokee County GEORGIA tested all the county's students. I didn't see a political objective. Now when the "government" says we not only do not need to ramp up testing, but actually greatly decrease or stop testing--no way there are politics there.
Where has the government said this? Can you shoot me a link where a credible government official said we should stop testing?

We are testing at the highest rate in the world.
Trackdawg073
He's back!
Dirteater Dawg
Trackdawg073 said:

He's back!

The viper strikes again.
Dirtydawgs
HBGDawg said:

cantonk9 said:

You be the judge...

LOL... right!
Bulldawg1
It was a very poor attempt at being funny - comparing COVID /2020 to The Twilight Zone.
Sorry, when things around continuously are grim, I try to still find humor and goofiness in life.
CummingDawg22
Bulldawg1 said:

It was a very poor attempt at being funny - comparing COVID /2020 to The Twilight Zone.
Sorry, when things around continuously are grim, I try to still find humor and goofiness in life.
The sad part is that I had no idea if that was a real thing or not... Tells you where we are at really.
ssidedawg
Georgia is now a poster child for all thats wrong with handling COVID. And thats from the WHITE HOUSE!

https://www.ajc.com/news/white-house-warns-of-widespread-and-expanding-viral-spread-in-georgia/5DEVU3BSCZAIHCSI3A3KTTGGIY/

Shelt320
I'm sure you know it's from the Atlanta Journal and Constitution. I read the article several times and we do have a problem in Georgia. However, the majority of quotes and interviews were with someone contacted or belong to the Democratic Party. For the past 40 years the Journal / Constitution has been know as a liberal publication. Both parties are guilty of playing the game of public opinion. That's why the general public do not believe what they say or what our government says. It's a sad situation we are in and the outlook is not improving. Hopefully, improvements throughout this country will happen in the next 30 days. I know I'm tired of all of this and I'm sure the majority of people are tired of this .
champ1210
Bulldawg1 said:

I can see it now.

TEENAGE MUTANT COVID TURTLES
ssidedawg
Shelt320 said:

I'm sure you know it's from the Atlanta Journal and Constitution. I read the article several times and we do have a problem in Georgia. However, the majority of quotes and interviews were with someone contacted or belong to the Democratic Party. For the past 40 years the Journal / Constitution has been know as a liberal publication. Both parties are guilty of playing the game of public opinion. That's why the general public do not believe what they say or what our government says. It's a sad situation we are in and the outlook is not improving. Hopefully, improvements throughout this country will happen in the next 30 days. I know I'm tired of all of this and I'm sure the majority of people are tired of this .
Its leaked from a report from the White House. The AJC reported it. Its not an Editorial. The State confirmed its true and seems more mad it was leaked versus the actual recommendations. Typical Kemp.

So ask the GOP lead White House about it, bringing up the Democrats makes no sense.
Shelt320
It was leaked. Ya right. I've got some swamp land in South Georgia I'll sell ya.
ssidedawg
Shelt320 said:

It was leaked. Ya right. I've got some swamp land in South Georgia I'll sell ya.

Did you mean beachfront property in Arkansas because south Georgia swamp land is abundant.

The info was leaked as the State seems to acknowledge its real. This isnt some liberal scam...lol.
Shelt320
I understand. Lately the news is so negative about everything. I know people are dying from this virus and I have always thought it was airborne.
However, talking to my associates and friends in the medical field the numbers are not reliable. We have been in Navarre, Fla. for the last two months. Our church has been holding open service since Memorial Day weekend. No one in our congregation has been infected as we know. But , that can change today.
I do not know your age but I'm sure I'm a lot older than you. This has really effected my wife and I as far as what we have enjoyed in our lives. I would have never believed that this would happen to our country.
Let's pray and hope this terrible virus goes away.
By the way , dealing with the political environment majority of my working years, what you read, hear and see is not what is really happening behind closed doors. Politics make strong bedfellows!
Have a good weekend.
ssidedawg
Understand

I do work in the medical field. What almost all of us are tired of is the skepticism and data splitting by people with almost zero statistical, epidemiological, or medical training. Just do the right thing! Wear a mask, distance, etc.

The media and politicians have agenda's. No doubt. I just wished the agenda was more medically oriented. The developed world is making progress and we are like monkeys F'in a football. Its August and the body count is going up. We still have the same challenges as we did in March. Its absurd. Greatest country in the world is a moniker we will lose soon.
Shelt320
Your not going to believe this crap. I was saying this morning that no one at our church had contacted the virus. Well, just got a call from the associate pastor that the Pastor and Church Secretary has come down today with the virus. No church for the next two weeks. Funny, but really it's not! Both individuals are in their 60's.
ssidedawg
Until we get it or get immunized, we are all not immune. Thats one reason why its "worse than the flu".

I hope they do well and recover.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.