Fast Paced Game Not Always a Winning Game

10,060 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Monkdawg
SidViciousDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Edwards and Harris/Hightower/Crump/Fagan are the 2 best ballhandlers we have on the court, we're in trouble. Harris and Edwards is probably the worst of those combinations. I do like Harris and Edwards on the floor together but with a ballhandling point guard. Do we want Claxton bringing it up court again or maybe Hammonds?

We need a quality point guard, be it grad transfer or outstanding freshman. Anthony Edwards is not coming to UGA to bring the ball up court, that ain't his thing.

Dawgman53
I agree with all the high hopes for next season. The last two games have shown that Georgia has the potential even without a point guard. Taking 2 very good teams like LSU and Miss State down to the wire demonstrates that we are a lot better team than our record shows. We do need someone to complement Antman Edwards next year at guard, but I have not given up on Crump yet. I agree that both Harris and Hightower are just a turnover or a mistake waiting to happen. The two needless fouls by Harris at the end of the Miss State game that really lost the game for us are an example. I still think the addition of Edwards and Crump's three point shooting along with a front line of Claxton, Hammonds and ______ (still open) can be an NCAA tournament team next year.

Crean also really needs to settle on a starting lineup and give them more playing time instead of the constant rotation of players we have seen this year with players being sat down on the bench as soon as they get hot from the floor.

Go dawgs! I think we all want to give Crean a chance to show what he can do next year! Our recruiting has definitely improved. Now lets see if it translates into more wins.
SidViciousDawg
Weird game... Watching last night I thought Q Weatherspoon is a pretty good comparison to Anthony Edwards. Q can do about any and everything on the floor and he had to do more of it last night with Nick Weatherspoon (PG) out and Peters (PG) playing injured. Still, both Q and Ant are much better off the ball.

That stuffed animal crap was embarrassing for UGA. It was clearly a foul by Harris to the body and head of Q and should have been called. We seem to be playing a little better (I guess) or are teams looking past us? We should beat Mizzou and maybe win one of the Ole Ms, AU, Fla, SC games. Anything but 1-17 PLEASE!!
Monkdawg
The last 3 minutes of the 1st half against MSU showed why we need a PG badly. We let them go on a 16-1 run by turning it over and not getting into our offense. I thought it was pretty darn clear.
Monkdawg
You know, I felt exactly as you do about the foul on Harris - until I saw a replay on Twitter that clearly shows Ado shoving Harris into Weatherspoon. If he's not shoved, I don't think he fouls. Agree on the stuffed animal. What the saying? "Act like you been there." That was just an ignorant thing to do.
Monkdawg
We just can't seem to put together 40 good minutes in a game. We have lulls that usually cost us the game or huge mistakes at crucial times. We do need a PG for next year, no doubt in my mind. Much as I love Crump, one of my 229 guys, I think his better role for us is to be a spark off the bench, i.e. Microwave Vinnie Johnson of the Detroit Pistons. There are nights when we can overlook his deficiencies if he can provide some offense. To me, instant offense off the bench is what Crump would do best.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.