Steg was really electric today. I have been

3,835 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Champ
Judgedawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
frustrated with how the season has gone so far but today was what I was hoping for when Crean came on board.

Still way too many turnovers but when we protected the ball our offense was pretty.

The fans did our part. Great day all around.
begger
He's got a long ways to go, but you'd expect so considering what he took over. Particularly in terms of the people who most often have the ball in their hands/defend the ones with the ball. You can see what he wants though, and it looks a lot like what I want here.

It'll take time for Crean to get who fit his way of playing, but if Ant Man wants to be the first in a line, it might speed the process up.
rossvilledog
Glad you were there, Judge. We were red-hot. Love it when we push the pace and the shots are dropping.
Judgedawg
Beggar, I am not convinced that our players simply cannot run Crean's offense. These guys succeeded yesterday.
begger
They can in spurts. Sometimes those spurts last long enough to win. But it won't be until next year at the earliest before we see them execute consistently.
Drillerman
Most of the time you have to crawl before you learn to walk then run!! Wins create confidence and hopefully MORE WINS!!! A couple more 4 or 5 stars will make us much more competitive in the future!! Go Dawgs!!!
Judgedawg
Getting these players to run the offense as designed is a function of discipline and focus rather than talent. When they move and cut as Crean teaches, as happened against Texas, or talent is good enough to score.
Monkdawg
But a great offense can only put a player in position to score. They still have to make the shot. We aren't going to shoot 67% from the floor and 71% from 3 often, if ever again. We just don't have a lot of guys who make shots. As judge said, way to many TOs. I've never seen a team turn the ball over that much and still win. Just a crazy result. This roster is just not good handling the ball or defending. Crean wants to play fast, but it was Wooden who said, "Be quick, but don't hurry." We hurry, which leads to mistakes. It would be better if we had a couple of real ballhandlers.
Champ
What I saw was most of the 3swere catch & shoot within the flow of our offense
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.