Solid second half effort

2,899 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Monkdawg
begger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We simply didn't have the depth and talent to win. Hopefully Crean fixes that going forward. As a team we just have to improve dribbling, passing, and shooting.
Nostradawgus
"As a team we just have to improve dribbling, passing, and shooting."

If this is where we are, It's hard right now not to view Georgia Basketball as a black hole that supports no life, from which no light can escape, and which consumes all light and life that enters its horizon.

SidViciousDawg
Solid first 10 minutes of second half maybe? The last 10 were just awful. Jordan makes a layup with 9:38 to go for a 48-43 lead. We have 8 turnovers the rest of the way and 1 basket at the 22 second mark. 9:16 without a field goal and only two ft's in that time and we get outscored 19-4. We folded badly.

I do agree that better dribbling, passing and shooting would really help.
StevieBuckets
Here's a "fun" little stat for you:

After a Jordan Harris 3-point attempt at the 8:47 mark of the second half (on which Jordan was clearly fouled, by the way), Georgia only attempted two field goals (both misses) until a garbage time 3 (also a miss) by Tyree Crump at 1:23.

If I'm counting correctly, that's 12 possessions, 2/5 from the free throw line, 0/2 from the field, and 7 turnovers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's...not great.
Monkdawg
Exactly. We played the way Crean wanted us to for the first 10:30 minutes of the 2nd half, then we gassed and started making mistakes. This is why we need a PG or 2 badly. We don't have anyone taking the leadership role to stop things when they start going bad or to stop the TOs or to make sure we get good shots.

If people aren't listening to Crean in his post-game comments, you really miss a treat. He doesn't pull any punches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.