That was the worst loss I have ever watched since I began

3,384 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Monkdawg
Judgedawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i enrolled at UGA in 1972-1973, The 6-20 1973-1974 team never lost that badly. The 8-17 1974-1975 team never lost that badly. Hell, the Adams-Dooley Disaster team of 2004-2005 that finished 8-20 never lost that badly.

Yesterday was a throwback to the Red Lawson era. I have not seen anything this season causing me to think we are any better than we were before.

Help me out, folks. What reason do I have to think things are better now?
SidViciousDawg
They're not Judge. Maybe we'll live long enough... Hopefully the 3 straight years (2014-2016) of playing in the semis of our tourney (along with 33 conference wins) and 5 straight (2013-2017) without a losing conference record aren't as good as it gets.
Monkdawg
judge, we don't have a good roster. The goal for Crean is to improve that roster as quickly as he can. The quickest way he can do that is to show kids that there is immediate and plenty of PT in Athens. I don't think Crean really cares that much about the size of losses right now, not in comparison with recruiting. He's sticking to his system, rather than trying to slow the ballgame down and drain the shot clock to shorten the game. He knows we have roster weaknesses, and he wants to shore them up. If we land Anthony Edwards (and I think we will - everything I am hearing is positive on that front), he and Walton are a potentially awesome backcourt. Camara will give us an athletic, good shooting and defending wing. We have at least 1 more spot to fill. We need a post to replace DO. If we can find an all around post who can score some, we will have drastically improved the roster in 1 year. We still won't be there, as we need more perimeter scoring and true PGs. Find me 2 6'1 or 2", 185 lb quick, good defenders who have handle and won't be rattled by the defense, who make good entry passes and who make their FTs and the occasional outside shot, now we're cooking.
Drillerman
Monk, I agree with you!! When you are 1 for 20 shooting 3's then the coach cannot do much about that!! I usually don't complain about the officiating but the first 5 minutes of this game thecalls were definitely one-sided and when Ogbeide got 2 in 52 seconds and Claxton had 4 at halftime that game was OVER!! IMO we are about 15-18 points worse than Tenn but not 45-50!! We could do no right and they could do no wrong!! Look at Alabama and Clemson last night!! I do believe that Crean is getting all he can get out of this team!! He just doesn't have it to get against top SEC competition!! Hopefully we can make games closer but even losing it is a better game to watch MOST of the time!! If he is here for 6 years , I would venture to bet that he will win a lot more than ZERO NCAA tournament games that FOX did in NINE YEARS!!!
Drillerman
Monk, has the Kesler kid committed to any school as of this date!! You get Kesler and Edwards and this program can be turned around real quick!! We have some support players , we just need better, more talented starters!! IT CAN BE DONE!!!
dawgpostsucks
allanhixon@msn.com said:

Monk, has the Kesler kid committed to any school as of this date!! You get Kesler and Edwards and this program can be turned around real quick!! We have some support players , we just need better, more talented starters!! IT CAN BE DONE!!!
2020 5* C Walker Kessler, a UGA legacy player, hasn't committed to anyone yet. Fwiw, he says he has very high interest in Duke and North Carolina and has taken official visits to Michigan, Vanderbilt, and Virginia.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-walker-kessler-hearing-from-blue-bloods

By Dan McDonald
8 January 2019

Georgia: "I went to a game there. It's only two hours away and my brother is still in the law school there so I go up there a lot. I've been watching them a little bit this year. They took a tough one to Tennessee the other day. It looks like they have a lot of freedom in that offense. I like how they have used Nicolas Claxton and let him dribble and shoot."
Monkdawg
The officiating was horribly one sided. UTjr doesn't need the help. They are plenty good on their own. But we can't shoot well enough to stay in a game like that.
Monkdawg
allan, I'm not hearing good things in recruiting about Walker. He just had a great visit to UVA. He's very academically oriented, which is why Vandy and UVA are getting the most interest. I would love to see us sign him. He would be perfect for Crean's system. I just don't think we will. It's sad that UGA was good enough for his dad and uncle to become orthopedic surgeons and good enough for Houston to be a double dawg with a law degree, but Walker thinks it's not academically oriented enough for him. I just think he's looking for an excuse to go elsewhere.
Drillerman
Monk,thanks for info!!GOOD WIN over Vanderbilt TONIGHT,!!
Monkdawg
Very nice win. Hammonds really turned it on in the second half. Makes a difference when we make shots.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.