How soon will Crean pare down the lineup?

2,240 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Teddybulldawg
Teddybulldawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think the sooner we shorten the bench, the better off we will be.
It's early, but these are my top 10 regardless of position
1.Claxton-Dominant, but inconsistent
2.Ogbeide-Beast
3. Hammonds-When assertive can take over a game
4. Crump-Wind him up and let him go. Hide him on D.
5. Hightower-What's up with the unforced errors?
6.Ngumezi-Love his game. great passer. Versatile
7.Fagan-Winner. Leader.
8. Wilridge-Crean has unleashed his beast
9. Jordan-great defender, but seems lost on the offensive end
10. Turtle-great kid, solid on d. Seems stuck in Foxland on O
Monkdawg
As fast as we are trying to play, Crean has room to play more players. But I think some will play their way out of the rotation. I love Jordan Harris, but he is neither a lockdown defender nor can he handle the ball. This makes him a big liability. He's a decent stand alone shooter, but god help him if he puts the ball on the floor. He is going to lose minutes. Fagan and Ignas will play their way into a role. Crean has already shown he likes both. Ignas made some bonehead freshman mistakes last night, but he does some good things. Fagan does little things that help you win. Amanze is playing his way into a lot of playing time. If our guards can't defend, Wilridge will get minutes. Turtle, though a relatively indifferent offensive player, doesn't turn the ball over much. That alone will get him minutes. Clax, Hammonds, DO and Amanze are a really good mix in the front court. They can all play. I also think JoJo will get some minutes as we go along. Overall, there's not a huge differentiation between these guys. That's good and bad. There's no clear cut lineup that Crean can spot.
Teddybulldawg
I like Jordan on D. Maybe I'm just noting his penchant for blocked shots on layups and missing everything else.
I hear you on trying to differentiate. Not much difference after the first 3 or 4 on my list.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.