So Kirby signed a 6'10", 345 lb. former basketball center

961 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BigDawgsGoRoof
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
with Overtime Elite, Jahzare Jackson, who has switched to football down at IMG in the 2024 class. Maybe he could loan him to Mike White as a backup center? LOL
Nostradawgus
I would not be remotely surprised if this kid dresses for the hoops team before he is drafted …. To the NFL. He can give you 5-7 minutes off the bench if for no other reason to play paint defense.
Monkdawg
Nostradawgus said:

I would not be remotely surprised if this kid dresses for the hoops team before he is drafted …. To the NFL. He can give you 5-7 minutes off the bench if for no other reason to play paint defense.
Honestly, I would be stunned if he did. Kirby hasn't shown a tendency to share players. :-)
Nostradawgus
Wasn't there a football player who pulled double duty with hoops in the 90s? Small forward? Real fan favorite? And I think Fred Gibson dressed and got some minutes?

Maybe White can convince Kirby it's good for conditioning and hand quickness

Monkdawg
Nostradawgus said:

Wasn't there a football player who pulled double duty with hoops in the 90s? Small forward? Real fan favorite? And I think Fred Gibson dressed and got some minutes?

Maybe White can convince Kirby it's good for conditioning and hand quickness

It was Larry Brown, right? 6'5" TE, IIRC. Played for Harrick, I think. Played some minutes at PF, I believe.
BigDawgsGoRoof
He will NOT be playing basketball for UGA!!
Dawg44
Why not, if football doesn't pan out?
BigDawgsGoRoof
He's solely focusing on football. He decided to quit basketball and said his best option is football!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.