OK, the roster is set. Starting lineup predictions?

1,068 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by UgaBoz53
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Personally, I think it will be Silas and Leffew in the backcourt with Godfrey at SF, Asa at PF and Somto at C. That to me is our most athletic lineup. But if Godfrey proves not to be able to hit perimeter shots or if White decides to go with 3 guards, I suspect Lawrence will fill the 3rd guard spot. We have an abundance of guards for a change. I think Abson will spell both Somto, Dylan James in for Asa (though Dylan really showed a ton late in the year, I'm not sure you can start him over Asa) and Godfrey could slide to the 4 if necessary. The SG spot will be a battle, and Abson might start over Somto early, though Somto is just a beast. Montgomery will be a more than capable back-up at guard along with Blue, and Savo will probably need some time to adjust to the speed and power of big-time SEC hoops. Kee is redshirting. Looks like a really interesting, versatile group - not without flaws but with a ton of potential. White has some tough decisions to make, but that stuff usually works itself out in practice.
Big G
This is a very talent filled team, now it learning each other and playing together. Should be fun. Hopeful!!!!!!!
BallDawg
If I had to guess right now-
Silas
Leffew
Godfrey
Asa
Abson

This could change as summer and preseason goes on, but if we had to suit up for our first game tomorrow, I assume this would be the starting 5. I give the nod to abson for the experience and defensive presence, even if he is undersized. Watch his film, even though he struggled against some better programs last year, hr dominated the Sun Belt and showed tangible talent that can transfer over if coached right.

I think the bigs will be a platoon. I think we will see Abson, Asa, Somto, James, rotating in and out depending on fouls and how people are playing.

I think our guards will be very matchup dependent and in terms of who ends up shooting it the best. I'll throw Godfrey in this group because he really is just a 3, not an undersized 4. I imagine the first half of the season we will rely on Silas, Lawrence, and leffew, Silas as he has the keys, and the returner, leffew is a vet scorer, and Lawrence I imagine will have a Justin hill type impact/role.

I'm excited for next year.
Monkdawg
Big G said:

This is a very talent filled team, now it learning each other and playing together. Should be fun. Hopeful!!!!!!!
I think a very versatile group. White is free to mix and match.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

If I had to guess right now-
Silas
Leffew
Godfrey
Asa
Abson

This could change as summer and preseason goes on, but if we had to suit up for our first game tomorrow, I assume this would be the starting 5. I give the nod to abson for the experience and defensive presence, even if he is undersized. Watch his film, even though he struggled against some better programs last year, hr dominated the Sun Belt and showed tangible talent that can transfer over if coached right.

I think the bigs will be a platoon. I think we will see Abson, Asa, Somto, James, rotating in and out depending on fouls and how people are playing.

I think our guards will be very matchup dependent and in terms of who ends up shooting it the best. I'll throw Godfrey in this group because he really is just a 3, not an undersized 4. I imagine the first half of the season we will rely on Silas, Lawrence, and leffew, Silas as he has the keys, and the returner, leffew is a vet scorer, and Lawrence I imagine will have a Justin hill type impact/role.

I'm excited for next year.
I have to admit that I have not seen Abson play, but I find it hard to believe he has more natural talent that Cyril. I don't think Godfrey is just a 3; I think he's shown that he is a 4 in a 3's body. He's got to show more perimeter game. I think we expect a lot from Leffew at SG. But our backcourt has some interesting combinations available. I think both the backcourt and the frontcourt will play themselves into clarity.
UgaBoz53
most talent we have seen in athens in a long time
ATLSTNMTN53DAWG
Monkdawg
UgaBoz53 said:

A nice combination of talent and experience....
UgaBoz53
Monkdawg said:

UgaBoz53 said:

A nice combination of talent and experience....
the amount of offensive fire power we have has me through the roof
this will be fun
ATLSTNMTN53DAWG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.