Wooga Poplar

537 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Monkdawg
BallDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I repeat, Wooga is actually someone to keep an eye out for. I tossed it around early after I had heard we reached out, now it's apparent that we actually have a decent chance, and I think we might walk away with either Wooha or AJ Hoggard. The recruiting performance CMW has put out this offseason is something else. Wooga puts us as a top 25 team I think right away, with a ceiling for a March madness run. I really like this team and how it's constructed, and think that if we can play to the strengths of the assembled roster, we can step it up a level as a program.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

I repeat, Wooga is actually someone to keep an eye out for. I tossed it around early after I had heard we reached out, now it's apparent that we actually have a decent chance, and I think we might walk away with either Wooha or AJ Hoggard. The recruiting performance CMW has put out this offseason is something else. Wooga puts us as a top 25 team I think right away, with a ceiling for a March madness run. I really like this team and how it's constructed, and think that if we can play to the strengths of the assembled roster, we can step it up a level as a program.
Check out some highlights. He's a scorer for sure.

BallDawg
Shoots the ball, experienced, has been on a deep march madness run, older, hearing good things about his leadership, can appear to play the 3 if we decide to run three guards, I would love the addition.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Shoots the ball, experienced, has been on a deep march madness run, older, hearing good things about his leadership, can appear to play the 3 if we decide to run three guards, I would love the addition.
I have to say I really liked his highlights. Guy has some serious range. I bet he can play D, too. I suppose that we would definitely go with 3 guards if we got Poplar. I hope we would really turn up the pace....
BallDawg
If we get him thats 6 SEC level and playable guards that can get real minutes. Silas, Leffew, Montgomery, Cain, Lawrence, and what would be Poplar, there is no reason why we should not play fast and maybe think about picking up and defending like Kelvin Sampson does down in Houston. We have the bigs that are athletic to keep up, and I would love to use our depth, not to mention athleticism with guys like Silas, (remember his dunk vs Tennessee last year?? Crazy hops), to get up and down and tire teams out, I think that seems to be a pretty effective pace of play in college basketball.
Big G
A real big pick up, hope uga is the team he wants to play for.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

If we get him thats 6 SEC level and playable guards that can get real minutes. Silas, Leffew, Montgomery, Cain, Lawrence, and what would be Poplar, there is no reason why we should not play fast and maybe think about picking up and defending like Kelvin Sampson does down in Houston. We have the bigs that are athletic to keep up, and I would love to use our depth, not to mention athleticism with guys like Silas, (remember his dunk vs Tennessee last year?? Crazy hops), to get up and down and tire teams out, I think that seems to be a pretty effective pace of play in college basketball.
Agreed. 6 really solid guards is exactly what I would like to carry, if I was still a coach. I still think we need a SF, at the very least. If we play fast and speed up the game, it would lessen the impact of having a deficiency at C, IMO. I'm not sure a raw freshman and an undersized transfer are enough in the middle, particularly if we are stuck in a half-court game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.