Activity on SOMTOCHUKWU CYRIL

504 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by BallDawg
BallDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The kentucky decommit who visited UGA on the 21st, and picked up an offer on the same day. Rivals has him as top 60 in the country. He is predicted to commit to UGA on rivals and would be a huge get. 6'10, very athletic, plays for OTE in Atlanta. He is on a visit to Arkansas today and obviously he committed to Cal once so maybe he follow again and all the NIL money they have, but it would be a huge get. Potentially the solution for our Center position, even if he needs to be polished, along with the App State big if we get both.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

The Kentucky decommit who visited UGA on the 21st, and picked up an offer on the same day. Rivals has him as top 60 in the country. He is predicted to commit to UGA on rivals and would be a huge get. 6'10, very athletic, plays for OTE in Atlanta. He is on a visit to Arkansas today and obviously he committed to Cal once so maybe he follow again and all the NIL money they have, but it would be a huge get. Potentially the solution for our Center position, even if he needs to be polished, along with the App State big if we get both.
I will believe it when I see it. Cal successfully recruited him once. I have to think that, if really he wants him, he could recruit him again. That said, he's a big, athletic dude who can jump out of the gym. This guy will be a terror on the boards and as a shotbocker.
BallDawg
I agree. If we don't get him, I am concerned about our bigs for next season. Even if we get the App State big that's not enough and I do not know who else we are after or if we have any buzz on that. Starting to get a little anxious but trusting in mike white. I imagine in the upcoming week or two we get a few commitments. Would still love Godfrey.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

I agree. If we don't get him, I am concerned about our bigs for next season. Even if we get the App State big that's not enough and I do not know who else we are after or if we have any buzz on that. Starting to get a little anxious but trusting in mike white. I imagine in the upcoming week or two we get a few commitments. Would still love Godfrey.
Personally, I don't think Abson is a starting C in the SEC; I think he is good back-up 4, probably. Other than blocks, his numbers don't jump out at you. Somto is a diamond in the rough who will just better and better the more he plays and works on his game. He is freaky athletic. I'm anxious, too. We have a ton of spots to fill, and we need difference makers. The 4 kids we have coming back are very good, but none of them are spectacular. We now have 6 kids on the roster; we have 7 spots to fill. These kids and Newell need talent around them to allow them to maximize their abilities....
BallDawg
I totally agree. The kentucky big man just decommitted, Ugonna Oneyso, and I pray he goes to Arkansas. I think if he commits there pretty soon that means Somoto is almost a lock, and we need that so desperately bad. I really don't think Abson is GREAT, but I think for a lob threat and shot altering threat, it is a good pickup and more depth. To be honest if there is a world where Ibe is playing any real minutes consistently next year we are in a tough spot. Your point about having no one really special scares me, I am hoping that we get Dakota leffew, and he can be the closest we get to a go to bucket getter and a guy we turn to down the stretch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.