Whew! NBA coaching is tough....

744 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Rivers fired after the 76ers lay an egg in the conference semifinals against the Celtics. I'm not sure what owners and GMs expect coaches to do. They can't make shots for Embiid (15 pts in Game 7) or stop selfish play from Harden. The GM put the rosters together.

Budenholzer, Monte Williams and others were fired after playoff losses. I mean, ultimately only 1 team is gonna win the championship; you can't fire every other coach when their teams lose....
Microwave
It's "selling the farm" in a fit of momentary frustration. Nick Nurse, Coach Bud, Doc, Monty Williams - four of the premier coaches of our time. Three of them have won NBA rings. How many active coaches have done that? Williams has not yet got a ring but has shown a lot of talent.

Who can be hired to replace these guys? The smartest thing these four owners could do would be to hire one of the coaches the other ones have fired.
Monkdawg
I was having lunch with a buddy today who mentioned out of the blue that he couldn't believe the Bucks fired Coach Bud. He said that Bud won't go long without another coaching job. I agree. The guy can coach; he knows what it takes to win in pro ball. He's done it at multiple places.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.