Mike White doing work!!!

1,273 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
White has signed 4 top 100 players (Jordan, Demary, Cain and James) in the 2023 class, which should move us to a consensus #12 or so ranking in the country, ahead of a lot of national powers.

We also have 3 really solid transfers (Melendez, Deloach and Tchewa) with 1 spot still open. Gotta have a scoring SG in that spot.

Could be a fun season in '23-'24....
Microwave
I am really happy with the work this staff has done. Go Dawgs!
Monkdawg
I am, too. Though, if I were picking at nits, I would say that we have too many front court players and not enough guards. Even if we can sign Thomasson, he would only make 4 guards. Preferable to have 5-6 guards, particularly in the event of injury. We are really thin in the backcourt....
Microwave
You're not nitpicking. It would be good if we can find another good one.
Monkdawg
Not just good to find another guard. We HAVE to find another guard. 3 guards with 2 being incoming freshmen just won't get us through the season. Heck, 4 will be tough, particularly if we have injuries along the way. Melendez and Jabri and even Jordan might be able to give us some minutes at SG, but not many. They just can't play the position.
Nostradawgus
Monk - I was surfing the interwebs and came across a couple places that listed Mari Jordan as a SG. Now I'm sure that is a flex possibility and he's more suited to a small forward/off 3 guard at this level.

Sure would like Thomasson.
Monkdawg
I've watched some film on him, and just didn't see him handle the ball that much to think he would be classified as a SG. 247 lists him as a 6'5" SF. He may have the skills to dribble and defend out front, but I haven't seen it in his films. I've seen him drive and hit spot-up jumpers. I would describe that as kind of a slashing SF. But I haven't seen him handle the ball against pressure or defend a guard on the perimeter.
jt10mc
Monkdawg said:

White has signed 4 top 100 players (Jordan, Demary, Cain and James) in the 2023 class, which should move us to a consensus #12 or so ranking in the country, ahead of a lot of national powers.

We also have 3 really solid transfers (Melendez, Deloach and Tchewa) with 1 spot still open. Gotta have a scoring SG in that spot.

Are they dyed in the wool killers?
Monkdawg
jt10mc said:

Monkdawg said:

Are they dyed in the wool killers?
Remains to be seen, really. No way to know yet. I think they are each key pieces of a greater whole.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.