Ya know, I want kids to want to come to UGA.

2,927 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Sturdivant doesn't want to be in Athens, then we move on. We have many other targets we have offered. Winning somewhere else is not quite like winning at home. Crean will win regardless. He will get talent.
RedDawg
Monkdawg said:

If Sturdivant doesn't want to be in Athens, then we move on. We have many other targets we have offered. Winning somewhere else is not quite like winning at home. Crean will win regardless. He will get talent.
I agree, but is it a done deal he's not coming? I thought he was just wanting to delay his decision.
Monkdawg
Not a done deal, but it's very rare that a kid backs out of a commitment then later reaffirms, in my experience. I think he is waiting on USC. That seems to be where he wants to go. They have the #1 class in the country right now.
neKKiDawg
Based on our overall basketball recruiting history at UGA, I am fine with us being a "fall-back" plan for 4 & 5 star players. Of course, when the recruits wait, they run the risk of their spot(s) being filled and having to fall further back.
Critdawg
USC is going to get the cali pg
Monkdawg
One would think, and that would leave out Sturdivant, giving us another chance.
Critdawg
I wonder if Crean just moves on to the jersey kid.
Monkdawg
Here's a description of Sturdivant - very stable, productive and has leadership qualities. Similar to an old school PG; not that athletic, but steady and stable with a PG mentality; won't win the "wow" factor but able to get the job done

Personally, I like guys with a PG mentality. Rashad Wright and Pertha Robinson come to mind.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.