University of San Diego Men's Basketball hired former UGA Assistant David Carter

3,451 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SidViciousDawg
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mark Fox had hired Carter (who succeeded Fox at Nevada for 6 years) on 7 June 2017 to replace Yasir Rosemond (who was hired by Alabama on 16 May 2017).

Monkdawg
Good for Coach Carter. I'm sure he wanted to get back to the West Coast.
begger
Any word on where Pearson has landed?
Dawg44
pearson's wife just took a paraprofessional job at oconee co. Primary school for next year. Sounds like they are staying in town?
Monkdawg
Interesting. Wonder what Pearson's plans are.
SidViciousDawg
I know they sold their house (in a week) and have moved to a rental in town. Their oldest daughter graduated this year but the son is a rising junior and heavily entrenched in baseball and somewhat in basketball in Oconee. They certainly love Athens and the Oconee School System (who doesn't?).

Contracts were up June 1st but it's not uncommon for an assistant with his tenure to have a clause that would pay him for a period of time (6 months or so) if the HC were fired. I believe that's the case here.
dawgpostsucks
Monkdawg said:

Interesting. Wonder what Pearson's plans are.
SidViciousDawg
Philip and Ashley were determined to keep their kids in the Oconee Schools. As mentioned earlier Ashley is actually working in the Oconee System this year.

Tough commute for Philip. I'd guess he'll have some kind of crash pad in Macon. He'll be working with one helluva Head Coach in Hoffman. Wish him and The Bears the best!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.