Great win against Memphis for our Dawgs!

1,537 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Drillerman
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now, let's keep the momentum heading into the SEC schedule. UK is good, but not overwhelmingly good. They have been and can be beaten. At home in Athens, this is one we need to take. Auburn is probably a loss on the road, but we nearly beat their Final Four team last year in Athens, and this is not their Final Four team. The key to beating Auburn is somehow controlling Wiley in the middle and taking out their experienced PG. They have other good pieces, but those 2 are keys to their success. Tennessee is a shell of last year's team. That's a winnable game, too.
Nostradawgus
Got to find a way to .500 or better in conference play. January will likely put us in a hole. Crean has to keep them looking long term to Feb stretch and conf tourney.
willpmd
I'll be interested to see if we can keep up the defensive intensity and rebound enough.

We escape January with a few more wins and I'll call that a win

Haven't watched UK, anyone know what their front court looks like? I'm worried about their size, but that's only based on previous years
Every man should believe in something, I believe Florida sucks
Haney
Beating Kentucky is NEVER easy for us, I am hopeful that Edwards can show up after having an off game against Memphis-but really encouraged with the play of Gresham and Hammonds on the boards at Memphis, that has been an area of concern for me all season, REBOUNDING and also stopping a big man, and Precious nearly did us in with 20 points and 15 boards, but Gresham with 8 and Hammonds with 20 helped us a lot. Edwards and Camara also chipped in 5 apiece.

To me the key against UK is staying with them early and getting the crowd more and more into the game, but there is no doubt the win at Memphis was a huge confidence booster, and I think the win over SMU will end up being a solid win as well. We have not lost at home yet this year, knock on wood, and a win over Kentucky tomorrow would give this team a lot of MO headed to Auburn this weekend. Will it be tough to win there, no doubt but this is not the Auburn team of last year, and I have said before, the SEC lost a LOT of good players last year, which is what gives me hope that our team can win enough to get in the dance. No doubt the selection committee wants us in with Edwards being a top NBA pick (although I want him to start playing more like MSU-if he does, we will be tough to beat).
Drillerman
I saw Auburn play California Nothridge earlier and they are QUICK!! We'll have to get back on defense and maybe zone them some!! We can play with just about ANYONE when we play like we did the 2nd half against Mich St and Memphis!! The one thing about this team is they DON'T QUIT!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.